saleen, cobra or mach?

wh1plsh

Established Member
I've just sold my 93 rx7 and Im looking to buy one of these 3 stangs..I found a 2002 (real) saleen True Blue with 67k miles I dont think its supercharged I dont see the saleen dash guages, also a 2001 Black Cobra with 46k (very clean), and a DSG Mach 1 (clean) with 52k. The only bad thing about the saleen is the miles im sure the saleen would turn more heads than the other two. The cobra is really clean,the black is sex and I love the interior. The thing I like about the mach is the dsg and that its the newest of the 3, (2004). Which of the 3 would u grab considering all their prices are relatively close together and why? heres the links: the mach doesnt have a link but its clean)
Cars.com: 2001 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Cars.com: 2002 Ford Mustang saleen

Last edited:

wh1plsh

Established Member
dang not what i expected haha why the mach over the cobra? that cobra is clean as hell and has the lowest miles. im not gonna go overboard with mods just bpu im only keeping the car for a year

Last edited:

wh1plsh

Established Member
Yea the mach and the cobra are the two i was def. leaning towards im only gonna have the car for a year then when i get into this coast guard officer program im goin for a c6 vette.. bump.. anyone else??

Jaysin

Established Member
If your only keeping it for a yr, id get the cheapest one of the 3. If I absolutely had to pick, id go with the mach, only because its the only one i've driven of the 3, and I like dsg. If the cobra was dsg id go for that, and get some terminator bumpers, skirts, drop, and wheels.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
its a pretty tough choice right there. I did not see a bumper number on the saleen? also the messed it up by putting a front tag on it. I would either choose the saleen or the mach. I cant really tell since you did not post the mach.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
ive driven all 3, well I have a GT but its just like a saleen, really not much different besides the kit and suspension. I say the mach but if your only keeping it for a year, just get a normal GT, no reason in having a cobra or mach for only a year IMO

wh1plsh

Established Member
yea i think the mach is the way to go! no doubt some tint blacked out tails and black fr's will set the dsg off :rockon:

JWSnake

Established Member
If the Saleen isn't supercharged, I personally wouldn't even consider it. DSG Mach 1 gets my vote.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the mach. it's bascially a 03cobra without the supercharger and a solid axle.

Users who are viewing this thread