Saleen from the new Fast&Furious Movie.

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
I was at Springfield Motorsports hanging out this evening and had my second chance to see the Saleen from the new F&F movie. A gentleman who bought it had them install a Vortech with a huge air-to-air intercooler so the performance matched the looks. The pics below do this car no justice at all. It has a $6000 "LizStick Red" paintjob from Saleen on it. The guy is actually selling the car now and it only has 2500 miles on it! I believe he wants $35000 for it, Just hope my wife doesn't find out. :lol:

Razor.

donpablo

Established Member
thanks for the pics razor. nice looking vehicle. too bad they probably have it going down in the movie to some Honda!

hey do you live close to springfield? i work just on the otherside of 95 from Dega's off of Fullerton and live in Dumfries.

i'll be back from Kosovo at the end of June. Can hardly wait to really start driving my new coupe!

R/DonPablo
in Kosovo

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
Always loved Saleens. The first film did amazing things to the value of the cars shown in the flick so this guy should come out of this one pretty well. :) It'll be on e-Bay soon enough, I'm sure.

s281cobra

Established Member
He actually bought the car off a ebay auction, I won't say what he got it for that's his business.

Just be aware it's not considered an authentic Saleen as it does not have a Saleen serial number or plaques.

What's going to be interesting is how the owner is going to obtain paint for it if the car needs to be touched up or repaired. I had to verify the authenticity of my car to get some touch up paint, and even then they would not ship it I had to arrange to pick it up.

By the way it's got a Automatic Transmission in it..................

Last edited:

SupraMan

Established Member
VERY nice looin car. Kinda funny how everyone quit posting after he mentioned it was an Auto and that it wasn't real. oh well. Still looks REAL good..

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Originally posted by Wanta03L
Thats nice....he does look mean doesn't he

I believe that's Razor in the first shot.

Also, on the vid the guy doesn't sound like he knows very much about the car. He says it has about 500hp&ftlbs but someone asked if he had a smaller pulley on there and he kind of stalled and mumbled something.:bored:

Speedfreek

Established Member
Yea I saw the car on Ebay a while back, he got a great deal on it. It had all the papers from Saleen where they did the conversion and all the papers from the movie co. Give it till the movie comes out and he'll fetch a premium for it.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I believe they just dropped off a GT and had it "converted" which makes it not real. If I remember correctly, it also had holes in the back beside the rear seats for camera mounts.

Speedfreek

Established Member
Yea you are right, it was a GT converted for the movie co. But those papers from Saleen saying they converted it for them will help it a bunch.

akatherazor4

Established Member
I have spoke with the owner and he is a very nice guy. He tells me that 5 identical Saleens were purchased for this movie and this particular one was used for all close up shots. It does have some holes in the interior from camera mounts and the gauges are pegged for the movie effects. If I remember correctly the car makes about 440HP @ the wheels although I do not know the torque numbers. Although the car does have custom paint, I would speculate that it's a base/clear and could be matched if needed. Also that is me in the photo, The "Got Cobra?" t-shirt should have gave it away. I am also not mean although many people say I look that way. I guess I should smile more.

Razor.:beer:

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT
thanks for the pics razor. nice looking vehicle. too bad they probably have it going down in the movie to some Honda!

hey do you live close to springfield? i work just on the otherside of 95 from Dega's off of Fullerton and live in Dumfries.

i'll be back from Kosovo at the end of June. Can hardly wait to really start driving my new coupe!

R/DonPablo
in Kosovo

I live off of RT. 234 close to Dumfries actually. I go to Dega's on quite a regular basis too. Give me a shout when you get home. Maybe you can hook up with us and hit the track for some fun.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Yeah, i kinda thought about the "Got Cobra" when i was reading....guess it didn't register in my brain though.

trplblacksnake

Alcohol disposal unit!
Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT

Actually they have it going down to a semi truck. Looks somewhat like this

Last edited:

s281cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by akatherazor4
I have spoke with the owner and he is a very nice guy. He tells me that 5 identical Saleens were purchased for this movie and this particular one was used for all close up shots. It does have some holes in the interior from camera mounts and the gauges are pegged for the movie effects. If I remember correctly the car makes about 440HP @ the wheels although I do not know the torque numbers. Although the car does have custom paint, I would speculate that it's a base/clear and could be matched if needed. Also that is me in the photo, The "Got Cobra?" t-shirt should have gave it away. I am also not mean although many people say I look that way. I guess I should smile more.

it is base/clear the problem is getting the base, it's only available through Saleen.....believe me I know......I had to order some touch-up paint.

Users who are viewing this thread