Saleen from the new Fast&Furious Movie.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by s281cobra
it is base/clear the problem is getting the base, it's only available through Saleen.....believe me I know......I had to order some touch-up paint.
Are you going to come to Mountain Mikes Pizza with us tomorrow?

s281cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Are you going to come to Mountain Mikes Pizza with us tomorrow?

You mean Saturday don't you?

I'm going to try, it depends on how far I get on the prep work for Knott's tomorrow....

akatherazor4

If you see this tag, Run!
Established Member
Originally posted by s281cobra
it is base/clear the problem is getting the base, it's only available through Saleen.....believe me I know......I had to order some touch-up paint.

Well I understand what you are saying. Now any decent bodyshop can mix up some paint and blend it to match. I managed a body shop about 6 years ago and dealt with a few custom paint jobs. It really depends on how the paint was mixed and applied. There are certian paint jobs you couldn't even match if you had the exact paint to do it. There's way to many variables for me to tell you 100% if it could be done on this car, But I suspect it can.

Razor.:beer:

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
Hopefully it's still down there. I'm going to get my car from Springfield tomorrow. It would be nice to take a close look at it. George, what time where you down there? Did you see my car running like Ass on the dyno? :mj:

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeDriver97
Hopefully it's still down there. I'm going to get my car from Springfield tomorrow. It would be nice to take a close look at it. George, what time where you down there? Did you see my car running like Ass on the dyno? :mj:

Would your car happen to have the license plate that says "FSAZSHT" ? If so that is dam funny and it was on the lift last night while I was there. I will also be coming to Dega's sometime tomarrow evening.

Razor.:lol:

SnakeDriver97

Newly Minted Ensign
Established Member
No...It's the black '97 with MD plates getting the Procharger installed. I met you down at Springfield during the dyno day like 3 weeks ago. I watched you pump out 500 @ the wheels. I downloaded that vid BTW...nice :beer:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Booyah
Also, on the vid the guy doesn't sound like he knows very much about the car. He says it has about 500hp&ftlbs but someone asked if he had a smaller pulley on there and he kind of stalled and mumbled something.:bored:
Yeah, It sounds like "It's all in there, I don't really know"

akatherazor4

Established Member
Originally posted by SnakeDriver97
No...It's the black '97 with MD plates getting the Procharger installed. I met you down at Springfield during the dyno day like 3 weeks ago. I watched you pump out 500 @ the wheels. I downloaded that vid BTW...nice :beer:

O.K. I remember now. Maybe I will get a chance to see you while you are there tomarrow. First day with a blower is always fun!

Razor.:burnout:

03cobra500+rwhp

Established Member
George, thanks for posting Ed's car. Ido not know who stated 500hp on the video. The car makes 400rwhp sae corrected with a basic tune. Car has a stock trans. and exhaust. I went with Ed to pick up the Saleen in Miami. Yes he does have paper work from Saleen, but it is not a registered Saleen. He also has a white 2000 supercharged vert Saleen. If anyone wants any more info on car call me at my shop-Springfield Motorsport, 703-339-3780.
Dana

Users who are viewing this thread