Saleen grill help!

Snohomish5.0

Established Member
It says to drill a 3/16ths bit to drill for the push pin, used a 3/16 no way it's going in just wondering what you guys used don't want to drill to big and don't have a drill bit set.

Thanks a quick response would be great!

keoni1984

Established Member
I didn't even bother doing that and haven't had any issues, I just used the supplied clips, but I'm running a Roush bumper. BTW, I used to live in Snohomish.. graduated from Monroe High School. lol

Last edited:

Snohomish5.0

Established Member
There's a little gap on mine that's why Imwas wondering maybes il just leave it who knows. And I just moved back here use to live in lake Stevens , now snohomish. Small world.

Snohomish5.0

Established Member
thanks for all the quick responses guys! had no silicone, used a little PAM haha worked great and got it through some pics once i find my cannon 5d!

goat-ee

Established Member
I put a little cardboard under my bumper to raise it up.

I just installed my Saleen grille. I did install the push-loc retainer (or whatever it's called) that had the hole drilled for. I still have a pretty big gap between the bottom of the new grille and the bumper. I was considering buying stainless bolts and fender washers in about 4 places to draw everything up nice and snug. My pic looks like crap, but you can kind of see the gap though.

Are you saying you put cardboard between the abs plastic cover and actual bumper underneath to bring the plastic up to meet the grille better?

I take it these grilles normally fit like crap? Or is it the bumpers that don't fit right due to variances?

saleengrillefitproblem_zps4463e385.jpg

Last edited:

whirledpeaz

Established Member
Are you saying you put cardboard between the abs plastic cover and actual bumper underneath to bring the plastic up to meet the grille better?

I take it these grilles normally fit like crap? Or is it the bumpers that don't fit right due to variances?

Yes others have done just that. On my first 2011, the grille had a gap. On my current 2011 there's no gap. This is with the exact same grille.

I would say it's variances in the bumper cover fitment and /or amount or placement of the styrofoam on top of the crash bar.

nogap_zps81bb1475.gif

jdcobra

Established Member
I drilled a 3/16" for the saleen grille when I had one. One pass isn't going to do it. Go in an out with the drill bit and it will fit. That plus some strength helps lol

goat-ee

Established Member
I drilled a 3/16" for the saleen grille when I had one. One pass isn't going to do it. Go in an out with the drill bit and it will fit. That plus some strength helps lol

That isn't the real problem though. I need about 5 of these to actually make the gap zero!! Or the cardboard as suggested!!

Users who are viewing this thread