Saleen Plant Tour Woodward 2006

The Foe Hammer

Established Member
I bet you were like a kid at Christmas.
I wonder how much that plant is worth with all of those cars in there??:nonono:

USBlueStage2

Established Member
mred612 said:
That Saleen SR is BADASS!!!!!!!!!!! It's got a supercharged 351 in it making like 505 HP and 500 TQ! But it's supposed to be like race ready!! Def looks BADASS!!!!!!!!

What he said:-D

rev440

young punk
Established Member
Those are crazy pictures. If I had the money Id ask them to build me a carbon fibre shell and a strengthed chassis and make it into a track car to run at SCCA events. Have boss 330 build the motor for me all n/a baby.

99snk

Established Member
mred612 said:
That Saleen SR is BADASS!!!!!!!!!!! It's got a supercharged 351 in it making like 505 HP and 500 TQ! But it's supposed to be like race ready!! Def looks BADASS!!!!!!!!

they discontinued the SR, it had one of the fastest times in 0 to 60 a few years back and it cost over 170k when i last checked.

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Great thread, thanks for sharing.I know I would look good in a GT.Anyone willing to donate to my GT fund ?

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
Bizness said:
90678.jpg
:( :cryying:

69Mach1351w

Established Member
mred612 said:

It actually is a cobra maybe 01 , with the SR wide body kit. It has been in the saleen plant for some time now, and the engine is actually still being built. Its supposed to be built for someone that has a lot of pull for Disney. Well, thats what i was told when i toured the plant, aug 10th, for the Ford GT rally. About 95 GT's and the 11th we went to Wixom. Talk about a shit load of engines!! @ wixom stacks of GT engines. It only takes them 30 seconds to drop a 5.4 liter and tranny into the GT. It was one of the best trips ive been on.

Did you see any GT's when you were at woodward, or where you there the weekend after 13th.

Actually here is a pretty crazy story about how much money some of these guys had. While we were there, a guy we met had a condensation leak inside his GT. He was a really nice guy, and alerted one of our tour guides at saleen about it. So they decided to hold the car for him to fix it. Here was his problem with saleen fxing the car there, he trailored the Ford GT to detriot pulled by a brand new F-350, and since we all had to leave sunday, he decided that he didnt want an empty trailor. So he just went ahead and bought a S281 E (550 hp/ 500 lbs @ 12 lbs) just to fill the trailor! He was actually a really nice guy. Another gentleman (whole other story) has a damn GT in every color. Believe it or not, thats whole other story.

Mark

Last edited:

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
69Mach1351w said:
It actually is a cobra maybe 01 , with the SR wide body kit. It has been in the saleen plant for some time now, and the engine is actually still being built. Its supposed to be built for someone that has a lot of pull for Disney. Well, thats what i was told when i toured the plant, aug 10th, for the Ford GT rally. About 95 GT's and the 11th we went to Wixom. Talk about a shit load of engines!! @ wixom stacks of GT engines. It only takes them 30 seconds to drop a 5.4 liter and tranny into the GT. It was one of the best trips ive been on.

Did you see any GT's when you were at woodward, or where you there the weekend after 13th.

Actually here is a pretty crazy story about how much money some of these guys had. While we were there, a guy we met had a condensation leak inside his GT. He was a really nice guy, and alerted one of our tour guides at saleen about it. So they decided to hold the car for him to fix it. Here was his problem with saleen fxing the car there, he trailored the Ford GT to detriot pulled by a brand new F-350, and since we all had to leave sunday, he decided that he didnt want an empty trailor. So he just went ahead and bought a S281 E (550 hp/ 500 lbs @ 12 lbs) just to fill the trailor! He was actually a really nice guy. Another gentleman (whole other story) has a damn GT in every color. Believe it or not, thats whole other story.

Mark

I wish me & you were rich guys too... ;-)

cobra331v1

Established Member
So what you do is take a tour everyday. Each day, you throw a part under your jacket. A couple of years, you can build one in your driveway, then play Johnny Cash's "One Piece at a Time" on your stereo while cruising!

69Mach1351w

Established Member
KevN said:
Incredible!!!

This boner is going to get me in trouble at work.

hahah, a well needed laugh after a shitty day at College (i rush to my lab only for it to be cancelled then postponed to monday which of course i have class all day). :D :beer:

Oh! I Forgot to mention, this isnt going to be the LAST, FORD GT built. It will be the last Mark IV (or what ever the current model is) but check this out. While at the Ford GT Rally, for threw us a party at one of the buildings on the henry ford museum. Anyways, they took a quick verbal, raise your hand type survey, about the future of the GT. They probably will create a new GT, produce fewer than the current models, and offer them only to current GT owners and respected people. However they are shooting for a much higher HP version (700 ish HP) maybe turbo, for around $400k. They asked us 5 simple questions, and that one actually didnt get a great showing of hands. Oh well, there should be something of a GT in the Future :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread