Saleen S281 Cobras

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
I was eying that bab speedster myself. Pretty sure they only made 2 of them. Love the car but I think the seller wanted too much for it given the mileage. Did it ever sell or did he decide to keep it?

Post some pics of your car!

You're talking about the one in Seattle? Funny thing happen a few weeks ago. He reply to my ad on cl for a Cobra that I'm selling and I recognized his email address. I asked him if he still had her...he said he had an Offer he couldn't refused. People are asking a lot or what's it worth but sometimes you have to fork out the money...that's the way I see it if your a true Saleen enthusiast. You might get lucky and find one at a reasonable price but they don't come up to often...I've been checking. You can make a clone a lot cheaper nobody would know but you and a true Saleen perfectionist lol.

Sorry don't have any pics at this time.

Last edited:

zinc

Established Member
Cobra 4v. What kind of mileage did yours have? What options did it come with? So as a true enthusiast what would your opinions be on this.... My hood has a couple of chips in the carbon fiber plus the normal rock chips from driving, small dents that inconsiderate people like to leave with their doors, so what would your opinion be on somone in my position having the car resprayed? For a 97 my cars paint is immaculate and withstanding the blemishes in the hood is almost pristine. Would it be better to document every chip and defect prior to spraying the car or just leave it as is? I am a perfectionist but I dont want to make people think the car had something happen to it because I had it resprayed.

Btw mine is sitting at 30,750 miles right now.

pacific4v

Established Member
Any one have pics of a pacific green spleen cobra? I've seen pics on here before but i can't find them when i search online for them.

zinc

Established Member
Nice car man! Pacific I have been looking for color production on the cobras for a little bit and cant seem to find them but I dont think they had a pacific green one.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Cobra 4v. What kind of mileage did yours have? What options did it come with? So as a true enthusiast what would your opinions be on this.... My hood has a couple of chips in the carbon fiber plus the normal rock chips from driving, small dents that inconsiderate people like to leave with their doors, so what would your opinion be on somone in my position having the car resprayed? For a 97 my cars paint is immaculate and withstanding the blemishes in the hood is almost pristine. Would it be better to document every chip and defect prior to spraying the car or just leave it as is? I am a perfectionist but I dont want to make people think the car had something happen to it because I had it resprayed.

Btw mine is sitting at 30,750 miles right now.

It has around 40,000 miles. My heat extractor hood has some webbing, stress cracks, and rock chips around the front of the hood, the front and rear fascia has the paint webbing and rock chips around the wheel well area. I'm going to have those items repair and repainted. I think the most important thing is the paint and the decals has to match. I'm probably not going to sell my Saleen Cobra for awhile but if I were I just tell the buyer what has been done and the reason why.

pacific4v

Established Member
Nice car man! Pacific I have been looking for color production on the cobras for a little bit and cant seem to find them but I dont think they had a pacific green one.

Idk if it was a real saleen or a clone, but I've seen pics of a pacific green cobra saleen.

zinc

Established Member
It would look sick as hell in my opinion! Almost as cool as the tangerine ones!

Well I looked at the routing of my PCV system and I have a pipe that runs from the intake the to inlet on the driver side head. The hose you see in the picture runs from the IAC to the inlet above the MAF. There is a second nipple on the intake pipe that has a rubber cap? How should the IAC and PCV hoses route in this configuration?

I have actually considered putting this car up for sale recently just to limit some of my debt to income so if there is some serious interest feel free to pm me and we can discuss.

Thanks

mystical

Established Member
You're talking about the one in Seattle? Funny thing happen a few weeks ago. He reply to my ad on cl for a Cobra that I'm selling and I recognized his email address. I asked him if he still had her...he said he had an Offer he couldn't refused. People are asking a lot or what's it worth but sometimes you have to fork out the money...that's the way I see it if your a true Saleen enthusiast. You might get lucky and find one at a reasonable price but they don't come up to often...I've been checking. You can make a clone a lot cheaper nobody would know but you and a true Saleen perfectionist lol.

Sorry don't have any pics at this time.

Must be the same one. Here it is:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Badass:rockon: Wish I had the cash.

You're right they didn't. Here is the production info:

Saleen Club of America TECH Section

mystical

Established Member
Does anyone know anything about this car?

I believe the owner was a member on here many years ago and sold the car. What a beauty:rockon:

nckissfan

Nevermore
Established Member
not too many Saleen Cobras built, that would be a treat to have. 13 coupes, and 5 verts in 97, wow. No wonder I have yet to see a real one in person

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Does anyone know anything about this car?

I believe the owner was a member on here many years ago and sold the car. What a beauty:rockon:

I beleive that is the same Saleen Cobra that was in one of the issues of 5.0 magazine and was a S.F. bay area local guy...he later sold the car.

mystical

Established Member
I beleive that is the same Saleen Cobra that was in one of the issues of 5.0 magazine and was a S.F. bay area local guy...he later sold the car.

Yes I believe that's the one. Do you happen to have the link to the article?

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Thanks! It's a shame they do an article on the car with one picture:nonono: That engine bay looks like a work of art. You wouldn't happen to have more pics of the car?

I don't have any pics of that car but there were alot of members that went to the Apex show. Post this on the taste of home under Ca. I'm sure some people there might have some pics. My friend saw that car at the Apex car show and told it me was very nice and clean.

mystical

Established Member
I don't have any pics of that car but there were alot of members that went to the Apex show. Post this on the taste of home under Ca. I'm sure some people there might have some pics. My friend saw that car at the Apex car show and told it me was very nice and clean.

When was the Apex show? Good to hear the new owner is taking care of it.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
When was the Apex show? Good to hear the new owner is taking care of it.

I hate to say but Apex is long gone the original owner also had his car in an article in 5.0. The new owner was bashed on one of the local message board later moved change the name and is doing well.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
^^ Hate to say it's out of business?? You must not have been one of the very many that got ripped off by them. I've seen that car in person and it's beautiful.. The front splitters are extremely rare and I had a chance to pick up a set but passed because he wanted like 700 bucks or something..

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
^^^^I'm talking about the original owner of Apex...I think his name is Bill Kaiser. I think the person you are referring to has the initial MM.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread