Saleen S281 Cobras

mystical

Established Member
I realize that these things are pretty rare but just wondering if anyone here owns one? If not, can you guys school me about them? I understand that some of them were Vortech Supercharged. Any info and pics always appreciated. Thanks folks.:rockon:

zinc

Established Member
I have a 97'. The vortech was an option for the cobras but very few of them recieved this. You also had options for 18x9 and 18x10 chrome speedlines, recaro seats, carbon fiber hood, and a couple of other things.

mystical

Established Member
Thanks guys.

Zinc, what kind of power do the Vortech cars make and do they have an upgraded fuel system? Post some pics of your car please!:rockon:

zinc

Established Member
Mine is not a factory supercharged car and was added after. Because it was an option they also did not dyno and spec a rating. My car is right around 420 to the wheels on the stock motor.

P5051142-1.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

P5051139-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Sorry I am not the best photographer lol

ZeroDCX

Established Member
@zinc Beautiful car man. Just wondering though, shouldn't your pcv hose and breather on the passenger side valve cover be re-routed to a source of vacuum? (routed before the supercharger).

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Mine is not a factory supercharged car and was added after. Because it was an option they also did not dyno and spec a rating. My car is right around 420 to the wheels on the stock motor.

P5051142-1.jpg

IMG_0506.jpg

P5051139-1.jpg

photo.jpg

Sorry I am not the best photographer lol

Very nice! I absolutely love the SN95 Saleen Cobras. I had a chance about 10 years ago to buy a '98 and I regret not finding a way to buy it to this day.

zinc

Established Member
Can someone verify the routing on the PCV hose as I had not noticed that before?

Thanks Guys!

@98 saleen cobra- we could always trade straight up lol, I think your rotating assembly cost as much as my car!

Mystical what else can we help you with? Looking to buy? General interest?

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Yes they are, but it's kinda pointless with the screens in.. I unscrew mine and take them off in the summer time.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Can someone verify the routing on the PCV hose as I had not noticed that before?

Thanks Guys!

@98 saleen cobra- we could always trade straight up lol, I think your rotating assembly cost as much as my car!

Mystical what else can we help you with? Looking to buy? General interest?

Straight up trade??!! What a deal ahahaahaha. Naw man it wasn't that much.. But you can say that maybe the entire motor, s/c, etc was.. :nonono: stupid cars lol OH BTW you need smoked headlights ASAP!!

zinc

Established Member
What kind of screens are in your hood? From what I remember mine are carbon fiber and molded into the hood?

Agreed on the headlights. I need to get and enjoy it before winter hits!

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
IIRC mine are screwed in.. I remember taking that out I think.. Maybe that was on my buddies 04.. ahh hell it's been so long since I've drove my car in all honesty I don't really remember now lol. If you have a CF hood yours might be different, mine is Fiberglass..

mystical

Established Member
Zinc your car is sick:rockon: Looking to buy.:rockon: What are they worth assuming low mileage and mint condition? I would assuming the Vortech cars command a premium?

Last edited:

Myzticsnake

Savage
Established Member
@zinc Beautiful car man. Just wondering though, shouldn't your pcv hose and breather on the passenger side valve cover be re-routed to a source of vacuum? (routed before the supercharger).

The passenger valve cover should run a hose into the supercharger intake piping for correct configuration. Mine is hidden under the piping and connects on the bottom of the power pipe, , but i cant tell where his is at all.

ZeroDCX

Established Member
The passenger valve cover should run a hose into the supercharger intake piping for correct configuration. Mine is hidden under the piping and connects on the bottom of the power pipe, , but i cant tell where his is at all.

Oh, okay. Just wanted to make sure.

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
Zinc your car is sick:rockon: Looking to buy.:rockon: What are they worth assuming low mileage and mint condition? I would assuming the Vortech cars command a premium?

I was ready to buy an mint condition 98 bab Saleen Cobra Speedster with around 49,000 miles for 22,000 the buyer change his mind. If they do come up for sale do expect to pay 17,000 and upward a little more for for a vert. I have a 98 Saleen Cobra coupe now...it's a keeper.

mystical

Established Member
I was ready to buy an mint condition 98 bab Saleen Cobra Speedster with around 49,000 miles for 22,000 the buyer change his mind. If they do come up for sale do expect to pay 17,000 and upward a little more for for a vert. I have a 98 Saleen Cobra coupe now...it's a keeper.

I was eying that bab speedster myself. Pretty sure they only made 2 of them. Love the car but I think the seller wanted too much for it given the mileage. Did it ever sell or did he decide to keep it?

Post some pics of your car!

Users who are viewing this thread