Saleen wing FINALLY installed (pics)

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I like that alot!! Very cool that you use the stock holes and wiring. I am going to have to look into that in the future. Job well done!

Harry

Bingo13

Established Member
Originally posted by Daffy
Bingo, just saw your post. Nope on the 99-00 year, it's a 02-03 wing. If you get the wrong year, the holes won't line up & the installer will have to do a template & drill - that's another $100 added to the install they told me. Make sure you get the correct year, 03 for an 03 Cobra.

The side pieces are not related to this as far as I know.

Daffy,

We installed a '99-'00 wing on an '03 at Christmas without changing anything out. It was the same wing I had on my '99 S281sc. Maybe there is another part number for those model years that does not work???? Oh well, the wing looks great and will be my next mod after a custom chin spoiler.
:thumbsup:

LIKE IT

Established Member
Nice ride!!.

Question on the wing. Is it functional at hi speed!!, or is for looks!!. Thanks for any info.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Basil,

It is functional. It has a fairly material up angle, I wouldn't want it to be anymore steep than it is actually. I remember reading somewhere that it generates some amount of lbs downforce at 100mph, but I can't remember where it was or the number. But looking at it, you can see the "drag spoiler" basis for it - just fancier.

Bingo, you may be right, I was just quoting the vendor from when I ordered it, I don't have hands-on info. Another difference between the 99-00 and 01-03 is that the latter has shorter fingers running up the trunk, which seemed more integral to the car to me, and less like an add-on.

One Fast Cobra

Established Member
Daffy,
Your new wing looks great! Good to know that it bolts right on and it uses all the stock hardware from the 03. Great job dude, enjoy it to the max.
:beer: :beer: :beer:

Cheapspeed

Established Member
:rockon: Awesome.This may be a stupid question, but how does it compare to the stock wing durring higher speeds. Thanks.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Hey guys, just checked in & noticed the new posts on this thread, thanks again for the nice comments.

The wing does come very close to the body on the overhanging sides, but doesn't touch, I think it's just a matter of getting a well aligned install to make sure it doesn't actually rub. It's been great since install.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I don't like it as much on the verts. The coupes on the other hand it looks a lot better IMO.

p42.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread