Saleen wing FINALLY installed (pics)

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Well, some were interested so here a few pics of my installed Saleen S281 wing. $200 for the wing, $150 for prep, paint & mounting. The pics are OK, but in person I must say that it looks awesome, all the difference in the world, especially on the vert. Me happy, woohoo.

wingside.JPG

wingsideangle.JPG

wingfrontangle.JPG

wingback.JPG

wingbackangle.JPG

wingtop.JPG

Dave.

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Way better than stock !!! IMHO... Great looking car...

What is the part number on that wing? Saleen has several differrent part numbers for it and al one with some stick on side pieces which I don't like... The one you have is the one I would like to have. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks,

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
I agree yours looks fantastic.

I don't like those stick on side pieces either. Is this the same wing with those just left off, or a different one?

:beer:

xtremejc

Boost Addict
Established Member
Sly...

Originally posted by slythetove
I agree yours looks fantastic.

I don't like those stick on side pieces either. Is this the same wing with those just left off, or a different one?

:beer:

No, it is not the same wing. They carry different part numbers...

JC

Bingo13

Established Member
That is the '99-'00 Saleen S281 wing. I do not have the part number but just look for the above year number when searching.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
I didn't like the side pieces either. Here's the info on mine.

Bought it here: http://www.haneymotorsport.com/saleen_aerodynamics 99-03.htm

It's the S281 2002-2003 model, the year & info are actually written on the inside of the wing. The 02-03 wing like I got will line up exactly with the stock wing's drill holes & uses it's hardware from the 03 Cobra, very easy install.
On that URL the one I got is on the white car.

I don't know about the side pieces, I believe that's yet another wing offered, I didn't investigate that 'cause I didn't like the look very much.

I can vouch for Haney, the guy had extra pics he shared with me & I had the wing in a week. I've heard horror stories of not getting Saleen parts for weeks & weeks - this guy was reliable for me.

Thanks for the comments, it turned out beyond my expectation, it's a great & easy mod.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Bingo, just saw your post. Nope on the 99-00 year, it's a 02-03 wing. If you get the wrong year, the holes won't line up & the installer will have to do a template & drill - that's another $100 added to the install they told me. Make sure you get the correct year, 03 for an 03 Cobra.

The side pieces are not related to this as far as I know.

Xplicit

Su Corazón
Established Member
Looks sweet Daffy. Tight car all around man :beer: Love the calipers..looks like u painted over the COBRA lettering tho?

The links on your homepage to the 03 pics need to be removed or redirected to wherever online u have them stored. Right now they're pointing to a folder on your PC so they won't enlarge.

Last edited:

slythetove

Down the rabbit hole....
Established Member
Originally posted by Daffy
I didn't like the side pieces either. Here's the info on mine.

Bought it here: http://www.haneymotorsport.com/saleen_aerodynamics 99-03.htm

It's the S281 2002-2003 model, the year & info are actually written on the inside of the wing. The 02-03 wing like I got will line up exactly with the stock wing's drill holes & uses it's hardware from the 03 Cobra, very easy install.
On that URL the one I got is on the white car.

I don't know about the side pieces, I believe that's yet another wing offered, I didn't investigate that 'cause I didn't like the look very much.

I can vouch for Haney, the guy had extra pics he shared with me & I had the wing in a week. I've heard horror stories of not getting Saleen parts for weeks & weeks - this guy was reliable for me.

Thanks for the comments, it turned out beyond my expectation, it's a great & easy mod.

No drilling and no wiring modification???

Seriously? I love it.

I know what I'm getting....

davidmax

Established Member
i have to use the Mustang R wing 12" hi,and I know everyone will scream rice but at 150+ it needs a front splitter and the big wing and she will be seeing those speeds for certain.Dave S.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I like their (muskatracing.com) brushed aluminum door sills. Just wish they made them for the Cobra.
:shrug:

2stangBK

Established Member
I think the wing looks killer and can't wait till you get the wheels and other stuff on there. Where did you get the tag frame?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Thanks again for the kind words .. I'm agonizing for my wheels to come, 4 more weeks will seem like a lifetime.

Gel badges are from: www.svtcustoms.com They look like they came on the car, nice and subtle.

No drilling or wiring nightmare, really. I dropped the spoiler off for prep & paint, went back 4 days later & the install took 2 hours max.

Xplicit, thanks for noticing (hehe), I need to do work on that site, I stuck it up quickly to have a place for car photos & stuff but I've been working on my company site & haven't gotten back to it, rats.

Oh, and I didn't paint over the Cobra on the calipers, I painted the letters black. Once I fix my site a little, there'll be a nice closeup on the brakes available.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Oh, forgot one ... the tag is from MGW: www.mgwltd.com

Their stuff is great & they're great people, I've put their pieces on my 99 cobra & my 00 viper & now the 03 Cobra. Their shift handle is awesome BTW.

Sn8k Charmer

Established Member
Originally posted by davidmax
i have to use the Mustang R wing 12" hi,and I know everyone will scream rice but at 150+ it needs a front splitter and the big wing and she will be seeing those speeds for certain.Dave S.

I must admit...the Cobra R wing is my favorite too. Although Daffy yours looks good too. Has anyone else put the Cobra R wing on their 2003? Does the stock wing leave holes to be filled? Sorry about highjacking your post Daffy.....

Users who are viewing this thread