I Took My Own Avatar Pic
Established Member
From Saleen it fits like crap.

syrupsuckers002wb5.jpg

01SaleenS281

01-459
Established Member
The Saleen wing w/o the side pieces looks way better IMO. :banana:

Here is a rear view of mine!!! It's not a Cobra, but you can see the wing!!!

2a6l0ky.jpg

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

SLAMMEDSVT03

Established Member
Yea These Wings Are Sick I Think I Might Have To Put A Diff One On Keep Em Comming Any Cobras With The Wing

01SALEEN YOUR RIDE IS BADDASS

coopercobra03

Custom User Title
Established Member
I had the 281 wing on my car, and it fit like crap! I had to use a heat gun and reshape the sides of the wing to make it fit...:nonono:

The sides of the wing that hugs the rear fenders rub the paint off the fenders after awhile..:nonono:

Most people didn't like the wing and said that I should of kept it stock..

I just wanted my car to look a little different than everyone elses..

Mook03TRMN8R

Established Member
Slammed, I have the same exact car as you and just put the Saleen wing on...only pic i have is my avatar, check it out. Does it look hot? Hell yeah, i think its the best looking wing you cna put on the car, but all the whining is true....its a real crappy piece of body work. I got the urethane which is the better of the 2... and putting it on was a PITA. It doesnt fit all that well, it rubs... largest problem is, they send you 2 bolts to hold it on... you need to add a shitload of tape everywhere to get it to stay on. It comes from Saleen in really poor shape and needs a ton of prep work in order to get a really good paint job on it. I had to do mine twice before i was happy with the paintjob.
I love the look of it, but it took me months and about $800 worth of body work before I was happy with it.
mycobra.jpg

SpectorV

Established Member
if you get the S281 get the one peice not the one with the little things that go down by the tail light and look really out of place.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
Yes, there is a one piece and three piece. Order the one piece if you don't want the side burns. The three piece wing is more square whereas the one piece is more round.

jtcstrat

Established Member
Yes, there is a one piece and three piece. Order the one piece if you don't want the side burns. The three piece wing is more square whereas the one piece is more round.

hey thanks for responding. Another wuick question

What wing do i need? http://www.need-4-speed.com/saleen.htm
part 032-092 or 032-090?

there are two 1 piece wings tho.
I need the 032-092 dont i? because my 02 gt had the mounting holes further out on the decklid?

Are both 1 piece wings (032-092 & 032-090) the exact same, other than mounting holes? Is one bigger or smaller or more/less rounded than the other?

Any one have good pics of the differences?

Thanks

Last edited:

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
I believe they are essentially the same aside from mounting points. Someone on here that has done it would be able to better answer, but I think either will cover your stock holes, so it doesn't matter which one you buy. You'll need to drill new holes for either wing, but that's not really a big deal.

The silver Cobra in this thread has the 01+ wing and the two black ones have the 99-00 wing. As you can see, there really isn't any difference.

jtcstrat

Established Member
I was told that it bolts right up to your old holes.

Any one with more info? Any does anyone know who has what year wing on here?

Thanks.

03zycobra

Established Member
Former Saleen owner and I will tell you the quality of the Saleen wing is terrible. Two bolts holding the wing down and lots of 3M tape.

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I was also surprised when i saw tape and a couple of machine screws holding on my rear bumper. It looks really nice but if you want quallity dont go Saleen.

Users who are viewing this thread