Salvage Title gt500 Ur opinions?

harricanfloyd

Established Member
Ok, so here's the thing... I want this car. Supposedly the it was a rear collision. I dont mind a car that is not mint....I wouldn't even be able to keep it mint( Once I dropped a shelf on the 99 Cobra in the garage once....and I won't even tell u what happened with the portable garage lol) Would u consider a salvage title? I'm ready for the arrows....My reasoning is that car already has 500 horses... Small changes could easily get another 50-60hp. My cobra is mostly stock and would be alot of sourcing to get that car to a reliable 400rwhp and I'll prolly still get dragged lol Oh, it has 72K on it.

HKusp

Established Member
If it is mechanically sound, absolutely. For your purposes that I assume is as a fun driver, that looks good from 10 feet, but may have some flaws. That's a great price in this market, and you can save up some money and improve upon it from there, both cosmetically as well as performance-wise. 650-700ish whp on pump 93 is only 2-3 thousand dollars away.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
This right here. For $15k I’d say why not, as long as you keep it who cares about what the title says.

couldn't even buy a half way decent Terminator back in the day for that price.

Unless of course it was Screamin Yellow(y)

Last edited:

harricanfloyd

Established Member
couldn't even buy a half way decent Terminator back in the day for that price.

Unless of course it was Screamin Yellow(y)
Yes yes, it's that one. He's a dealer, but daily's the car. Needs some body work and alot of work in the interior... He's on Vacation right now, cant talk to him till I get back....Getting a hold of Lemon Squad. I just wanna know if the frame aint too bad lol

harricanfloyd

Established Member
Well, Lemon Squad shot the car for me....cost me 229$ I think that is way worth buying a car you cant look at. Gave me a full written description of the car. Guy shot me like 160 Pics and i saw alot of things that regular pics did pic up.....but woah, there is alot of cosmetic sh** on that car. She "is" a little tired. But he did say it ran good...but I got Codes for the FRPS, Lean on banks 1 and 2 and Tpms, I am still considering this car tho. It aint worth squat anyway cause of the title, so maybe I can just use mint condition regular GT fenders etc to get her straightened out. I am taking my time.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Just buy mine.

harricanfloyd

Established Member
Just buy mine.

LOL, I would if it were $15000 That thing is too nice to sell!!

harricanfloyd

Established Member
Well, Lemon Squad is a little on the pricey side, but wow, I'm impressed. Found like 5 engine codes and took almost 170 pictures!! The add had this car lookin on the better side. The rep showed pics with a pointer to get the relative size of all the scratches and dents! I'm a believer LOL....if ur gonna buy, outta state, call Lemon Squad. NO GUARANTEES THO!! Havin' said that, The paint on my old 92 Lx Salvage was waaay better. I'll be doin paint or a really thorough paint correction.. there's something literally on every panel lol. She's gonna have to be a strip delete too. The seller is still trying to get rid of a few codes...PO193, 173 and 171.....I might have to try to talk him down. I understand what I am tryin' to buy, but DAMN!!

harricanfloyd

Established Member
Well, I guess it's not in the cards. Lemon squad pics told me alot and I just couldn't get him down on his price...hes firm at 15,500. To me, it's too much for a salvage car that still has a check engine light and bondo falling out of the rear quarter.... I'm really missing out but it's just not my price ;)

Users who are viewing this thread