Salvage?

Kafn8td

Viperia Aspis
Established Member
My good friend had a horrible house fire that destroyed his house 5 cars and 2 snowmobiles! The cars included a 2004 Mystichrome Cobra, 2004 F-150, his girlfriends 2004 Ranger STX, a 1990 vert with a stroker motor in it, and a 1964 Impala SS with a 327.
He and I were wondering if any of the motors or tranny's would be salvageable?
We were thinking of the Cobra and the vert specifically. Any motor builders or tranny guys out there? what do you think...

Here are some pictures...

http://svtoatc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1512

drohan8592

Established Member
yeah why not. how bad are the engine bays?? i'm sure they will both need new wiring but after that you should definitely be able to use them, just get the engines cleaned up a bit. and tell your friend that i'm sorry for this tragedy.

drohan8592

Established Member
didn't see the pictures before the last post. i don't think you can use that cobra for anything.you might be able to save the 91 vert's motor though

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
WOW, sorry to see that......i don't know if anything off that cobra is gonna be able to be salvaged

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
OMG! What a tragedy. I can't imagine the hopelessness that must have gone through their minds with this. Those pictures made me feel physically ill. I'm so glad they made it out alive and basically unhurt. All the physical items lost can't begin to compare to the memories and destruction they have been through. Tell Dan that it's just "stuff" and can all be replaced. That's why you have insurance. My prayers are with him and his wife.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
That Cobra was at ground zero of the fire. The temperatures that the car was exposed to must of been really something. It's just pictures, but it looks like there are no salvage opportunities with this one.......

ARMEDSVT

Established Member
Damn. That's painfull to view. At least your friend and his girl are alright, maybe not emotionaly but physicaly. :(

Users who are viewing this thread