Samco Silicon hoses

sikryd

Established Member
Samco GT500 Silicone Hose Kits

^^^^^^ This... Can someone explain to me why these hoses are so expensive? I mean $800+ for a bunch of hoses? They are made of silicon for Christ sake, not Unicorn Vagina. I realize that they will last for way longer than a factory type rubber hose... But come on! It will probably be another $200 to ship it in to Hawaii, 25% of purchase price seems to be about the going rate for me to ship stuff in.

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
I've bought these kits for other cars no where near that price...

Their disclaimer should read GOT LUBE?

zporta

KB INSIDE
Established Member
I got a set off a guy who used two of the hoses for a week or so to see if he liked the color.

He wanted a different color, and I paid less then half of retail.

They dissipate heat really well. After a lot of hard running they are not scolding hot like the stock runner hoses

realm187

Vaporized
Established Member
Nice hoses, but no way I would pay $800 dollars for hoses. Other companies will eventually make these and bring them way down, I hope.

GT500RedStripe

More Power!
Established Member
They would sell more if they were not logo'd every 6 inches. Maybe that's what is driving the price up.

I counted the logo 14 times in their GT500 picture:
yhst-30088677768427_2183_114348350

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
are the cut properly. I remember someone talking about trimming them some to fit. guess it wouldn't be that big of a deal but for 800 bucks I can think of a few better mods lol

sikryd

Established Member
REPLY from Tractionless1 @ http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ant-silicone-coolant-hoses-step-inside-9.html

Send me a set of OEM hoses in near new condition and I can get it turned around in 6-8 weeks. I purchased a set of Terminator hoses (then resold) at my own cost to make sure the tolerances were dead on. Holding the supplier to a high fitment standard while giving him junk to work with from the start isn't a good way to do business. I suggest starting a thread with the GT500 community to see what hoses they are interested in. It will require a group buy of at least 1 dozen sets.

I will not head up said group buy but will be the suppliers middle man. IE "you" take the orders and pre-payments, pay me (and supply shipping addresses), and the supplier charges my CC on file. When the hoses are produced they will be shipped directly from the supplier to each buyer. All sets post group buy go directly through me and at a higher cost than the group, which as with the Terminator hoses is required by the supplier. Neither I nor the supplier can give a cost estimate until the donor hoses are received and shipped to Sweden for CADD modeling.

If the GT500 community is interested I'm here to help. Please contact me direct [email protected]

E.Marquez

Established Member
REPLY from Tractionless1 @ http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...ant-silicone-coolant-hoses-step-inside-9.html

Send me a set of OEM hoses in near new condition and I can get it turned around in 6-8 weeks. I purchased a set of Terminator hoses (then resold) at my own cost to make sure the tolerances were dead on. Holding the supplier to a high fitment standard while giving him junk to work with from the start isn't a good way to do business. I suggest starting a thread with the GT500 community to see what hoses they are interested in. It will require a group buy of at least 1 dozen sets.

I will not head up said group buy but will be the suppliers middle man. IE "you" take the orders and pre-payments, pay me (and supply shipping addresses), and the supplier charges my CC on file. When the hoses are produced they will be shipped directly from the supplier to each buyer. All sets post group buy go directly through me and at a higher cost than the group, which as with the Terminator hoses is required by the supplier. Neither I nor the supplier can give a cost estimate until the donor hoses are received and shipped to Sweden for CADD modeling.

If the GT500 community is interested I'm here to help. Please contact me direct [email protected]

Did this buy every go anywhere?

Users who are viewing this thread