Samsung Kitchen Appliances

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
So my parents are redoing their kitchen and they decided to get all Samsung stainless steel appliances. So when we went to pay for them and the guy at Lowe's said the fridge and the dishwasher are out of stock and should be here in a week or so. After talking the guy down $900 off sticker and after rebate we are getting the 29 cubic foot fridge, dishwasher, microwave and range for $3800!!! Its almost been one month since that day and they still haven't gotten more in stock. The guy said its been a regular problem with Samsung because they only have a plant in South Korea and the literally ship them via ship to the US. So I checked Best Buy and Sears and all of them are out of stock too and these are new models not models that are being discontinued. Went went to Lowe's because of their super low prices and how low their extended warranty is, for a total of 4 additional years parts and labor on the range, fridge and dishwasher it was only $220!!! How can a company like Samsung operate like this and constantly not have a supply for their customers to buy. We really want Samsung because they by far are the best bang for the buck for features/style and has a great Consumer Reports rating.

Here are a few pics of what they look like.
f_41477362_1.jpeg

3958720187_2b1f5d0c44.jpg

A3_Best-FTQ_387_-_front.jpg

FRDAFSAAOHSQ.JPG

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
So my parents are redoing their kitchen and they decided to get all Samsung stainless steel appliances. So when we went to pay for them and the guy at Lowe's said the fridge and the dishwasher are out of stock and should be here in a week or so. After talking the guy down $900 off sticker and after rebate we are getting the 29 cubic foot fridge, dishwasher, microwave and range for $3800!!! Its almost been one month since that day and they still haven't gotten more in stock. The guy said its been a regular problem with Samsung because they only have a plant in South Korea and the literally ship them via ship to the US. So I checked Best Buy and Sears and all of them are out of stock too and these are new models not models that are being discontinued. Went went to Lowe's because of their super low prices and how low their extended warranty is, for a total of 4 additional years parts and labor on the range, fridge and dishwasher it was only $220!!! How can a company like Samsung operate like this and constantly not have a supply for their customers to buy. We really want Samsung because they by far are the best bang for the buck for features/style and has a great Consumer Reports rating.

Here are a few pics of what they look like.
f_41477362_1.jpeg

3958720187_2b1f5d0c44.jpg

A3_Best-FTQ_387_-_front.jpg

FRDAFSAAOHSQ.JPG

I feel your pain. Selling their tvs is the same way. So slow at getting the new models out. Hell even some of the new one my supply house got were discontinued before they even got them in stock. Its just crazy.
But Samsung is by far the best bang for buck.

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Should have gone LG or Electrolux dude. Quality is top-notch. Oh, and readily available w/ almost any model.

-Eric

Quik Z06

Established Member
I'll never buy a Samsung appliance ever again. A couple years ago I bought a stainless side by side fridege and just over a year (when the warranty expired I started having all kinds of issues with it. They still came out and fixed it, but a couple months later same issue. I said screw it and went and bought a new fridge,

The worst part...My mom happened to be in the market as well. I told here yeah it's a great fridge (before I had issues) so she went out and bought one as well, and same $hit happened to her. Had all kinds of issues, they had to come work on it etc. It works now, but still isnt that good. Never again!!

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
My Samsung fridge has had a couple problems so I'm not impressed whatsoever. The repair guy stated that they are difficult to get parts for - it to over a week to get the part for mine

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
My Samsung fridge has had a couple problems so I'm not impressed whatsoever. The repair guy stated that they are difficult to get parts for - it to over a week to get the part for mine

I've heard that but they look so damn good for the money. Quik Z06 thats why they are getting the extended warranty.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
GE ARCTICA FTW! best stainless steel side by side I have ever owned.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've had my Samsung side-by-side (purchased from Sears at a great price) since November and love it. I did a ton of research on refrigerators and Samsung was my choice. Love the LED interior lights, too.

I have to agree about Electrolux being way expensive. Too rich for my blood. LG makes a nice refrigerator IMO. I just didn't like their model features compared to Samsung.

NyteByte

Pro-Freedom
Established Member
Samsung is junk, at least in my experience.
I had two TV's from them die on me. One croaked after less than 4 years and was unrepairable. That was $4000 down the drain. The other one died after less than 2 years, but I was able to fix it (for $250 in parts).

At work I purchased about 30 Samsung computer monitors, 25% of which died within two years.

Samsung might have the best bang for the buck and tout the newest technology, but quality wise they are absolute junk.

ff500

Established Member
GE ARCTICA FTW! best stainless steel side by side I have ever owned.

+1

Someone mentioned a good point as well, if it takes months to get the product imagime how long it will take to get replacement parts.

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
+1

Someone mentioned a good point as well, if it takes months to get the product imagime how long it will take to get replacement parts.

That's a good point but I contacted the company that does extended warranty work for Lowe's and they said they stock most Samsung parts.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I certainly wouldn't waste my money on an extended warranty either way. Having worked for a large electronics and a large furniture retailer I can attest to the amount of people that have issues with the warranty company. It's mostly another sales ploy, sales people make pretty decent returns on selling just those protection plans.

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
My brother's Samsung (29 cu ft) fridge is pretty awesome and he's had no problems so far. His electrolux double wall oven has lost a couple of LED's though.....My GE dishwasher has had the control panel replaced twice.

:shrug:

03Saleen

Termin8
Established Member
My brother's Samsung (29 cu ft) fridge is pretty awesome and he's had no problems so far. His electrolux double wall oven has lost a couple of LED's though.....My GE dishwasher has had the control panel replaced twice.

:shrug:
Nice. I just checked the supply in 3 states all of them are sold out WTF!

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Lol, I dont know why but Lowes always takes forever to get stuff. My brother bought a Maytag washer and dryer (front load) from Lowes not too long ago and it took like 2 months to get (when it was supposed to be 2 weeks) He got close to cancelling his order and going elsewhere.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've also owned Samsung plasma tvs (46" and a 50") and love them. I've also owned a regular DVD player and a BluRay. Love them as well. And most of the monitors I've used (home and at the office) are Samsungs. No issues there, either. IMO they make great products, and apparently most of the reviews you find on Samsung products say the same thing. :)

Evenflow

Established Member
I can only speak for my Samsung TV being garbage quality. After only two years one of the capacitors went bad.

Why you ask? Because they put in lower voltage capacitors than what is needed, and this is from factory. There is also a class action lawsuit against them.

That being said, my sister has a Samsung fridge and loves it and has not had a problem in the year they have had it.

If I were to buy kitchen appliances it would be LG.

Users who are viewing this thread