Samsung Note 5 or LG G4 Pro?

Hurley

Established Member
Anyone following these phones? When the note 5 was first announced it was being built I had my mind set on that phone since I had the note 3 and loved it but Samsung decided to go the same route as the S6 and done away with the external SD card and removable battery and now I am on the fence about it. However reading that LG is making the G4 Pro and it suppose to be a direct competition to the note 5 has got me interested. Anyone been reading anything more on these phones and what you will feel would be the best one to go with?

cbj5259

Established Member
Anyone following these phones? When the note 5 was first announced it was being built I had my mind set on that phone since I had the note 3 and loved it but Samsung decided to go the same route as the S6 and done away with the external SD card and removable battery and now I am on the fence about it. However reading that LG is making the G4 Pro and it suppose to be a direct competition to the note 5 has got me interested. Anyone been reading anything more on these phones and what you will feel would be the best one to go with?
I love my note 4. If it is true about no SD slot in the 5 it's a deal breaker for me. I will hold onto my 4 or switch manufacturers and possibly look at the G4. I hate to do it because my last 3 phones were Samsung and I like their UI with Android, but I carry all my vids and pics on SD and I like that portability.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I've been following the Note 5 rumors for quite some time now. The most recent leaks left me disappointed. No 4k display, no SD card, no 4200mAh battery, no removable battery. It has the stench of an Apple product.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I think it's hilarious that you guys are comparing two phones that aren't out yet whose specs haven't even been released. Arguing about rumors and speculation lol.

And a 4K display on a phone? Please give me one good reason why that is even remotely necessary.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I think it's hilarious that you guys are comparing two phones that aren't out yet whose specs haven't even been released. Arguing about rumors and speculation lol.

And a 4K display on a phone? Please give me one good reason why that is even remotely necessary.

Why is 707hp necessary in a street car?

nxhappy

Established Member
I love my LG. I will stick with LG for a while.

Blown 89

Established Member
Google Cardboard but I see your point. I'd rather have a lower resolution screen that doesn't tax the hardware as much.

And to answer the OP's questions.....I don't need to wait for the phones to come out to know the answer to that. LG all day long because Samsung lag and bloat are legendary at this point. My wife's Note 4 was a train wreck right out of the box. I tried to warn her.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Before getting my iPhone 6, I checked out the LG G3 and was very impressed. Felt smaller than it truly was and if the G4 is at all the same, it would be my pick. Only thing that would take getting used it is the button being on the back.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I've been following the Note 5 rumors for quite some time now. The most recent leaks left me disappointed. No 4k display, no SD card, no 4200mAh battery, no removable battery. It has the stench of an Apple product.

The only thing thats remotely legitimate of an argument is the SD card.

The rest, battery and charging technology has reduced the necessity for. You have zero need for a removeable battery with the quick charge ability.

4k screens are laughable for a phone and just a dick swinging contest (IE apple's "Retina" display, or 13mp cameras). 4k will be a necessity with something like Oculus VR headsets where the display is 1-1.5" from your eyes. 4k on a phone will be the same as putting 4k on a 65" tv set that you sit 20' away from, IE feeble human eyes wont be able to tell the difference.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Why is 707hp necessary in a street car?
Horrible comparison. 4k even on a big screen isnt noticeable to most people, hell a lot can’t even tell apart between 720P and 1080P on a 50 inch screen TV.

Adding 4K will tax the SoC on a phone with apps like crazy especially on games.

What makes the big difference on screens are the sub pixels (RGB, PenTile, Real Stripe, etc).

The no sd was a deal breaker for me before but ever since Google Photos added the unlimited cloud storage for pics and vids, I haven’t cared about it. I love my GS6 Edge. If you NEED to change batterys and do, stay with the Note 4 or G4 Pro. My GS6 lasts longer than my GS5 did even though it has a smaller battery, I also get a full charge in less than an hour coming from single digits left. Fast charging IMO is MUCH better than having to remove the battery and replace it.

Last edited:

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Seriously check out the Moto x style extremely impressive from them.

My first Moto x was amazing but charged slow
The second gen is a great phone and vanilla android

The style looks bad ass minus lcd screen instead amoled

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
If you NEED to change batterys and do, stay with the Note 4 or G4 Pro. My GS6 lasts longer than my GS5 did even though it has a smaller battery, I also get a full charge in less than an hour coming from single digits left. Fast charging IMO is MUCH better than having to remove the battery and replace it.

Stop being logical and stuffs!

Ive since unrooted my SGS3 and updated it all back to stock and its been rock solid. I used to have issues with lag and at one point the phone was restarting every 20min and was getting every other text sent back or duplicated 10x. Now, im coming up on my 3rd year of owning it and looking at all these other phones and not seeing any reason to upgrade now that its running strong again.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
The only thing thats remotely legitimate of an argument is the SD card.

The rest, battery and charging technology has reduced the necessity for. You have zero need for a removeable battery with the quick charge ability.

4k screens are laughable for a phone and just a dick swinging contest (IE apple's "Retina" display, or 13mp cameras). 4k will be a necessity with something like Oculus VR headsets where the display is 1-1.5" from your eyes. 4k on a phone will be the same as putting 4k on a 65" tv set that you sit 20' away from, IE feeble human eyes wont be able to tell the difference.

Then there's this guy who tells me what I want and need for a phone.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Stop being logical and stuffs!

Ive since unrooted my SGS3 and updated it all back to stock and its been rock solid. I used to have issues with lag and at one point the phone was restarting every 20min and was getting every other text sent back or duplicated 10x. Now, im coming up on my 3rd year of owning it and looking at all these other phones and not seeing any reason to upgrade now that its running strong again.
I loved my GS3, IMO it was a better phone than the GS5. I stopped rooting since the HTC Nexus, don’t really need it on new phones anymore sincee they came a long way with the updates. The GS6 has been a worthy upgrade unlike the GS5 was for me. At least Google made up for some of Samsung’s disappointments.

For those complaining about the battery removal, be honest, do you really have spare battery’s and do you really change them? To me battery removal was meh, never changed them but it was annoying since they held lil charge. Back in the ol days, I had to buy a fat battery to keep it running at least half day but never kept a spare with me. No reason to be carrying more crap on my pockets or worrying if I left it somewhere. They came a long way.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
I loved my GS3, IMO it was a better phone than the GS5. I stopped rooting since the HTC Nexus, don’t really need it on new phones anymore sincee they came a long way with the updates. The GS6 has been a worthy upgrade unlike the GS5 was for me. At least Google made up for some of Samsung’s disappointments.

For those complaining about the battery removal, be honest, do you really have spare battery’s and do you really change them? To me battery removal was meh, never changed them but it was annoying since they held lil charge. Back in the ol days, I had to buy a fat battery to keep it running at least half day but never kept a spare with me. No reason to be carrying more crap on my pockets or worrying if I left it somewhere. They came a long way.

I had a battery die on my S4 and I was easily able to buy a new one and replace it. I would certainly prefer a removable battery compared to a non-removable one.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
My LG G3 has been hands down the best phone I've owned and my wife is planning to convert from her Note 3 to LG G4 on her next upgrade as a result.

For whatever that is worth...

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I have an extra battery that I have in a wall charger. I never have to have my phone plugged in to the wall.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I've been holding on from upgrading to see what I am going to end up getting. I want to see what Apple has to offer, even though I tried moving to one the other year and lasted 2 months until I went back to Android. My line right now I am using the Nexus 6 with Preview M version 2 and it's going to be a really nice O/S. I have another line ready to Edge. But I am done with Samsung I think. I will hold judgement until I try the new Note though. I loved my Note 2 until it was trashed with the constant upgrade lag over time. Galaxy 5 was probably my least favorite phone. The LG G4 looks like a really nice phone.

Users who are viewing this thread