Samsung Note 5 or LG G4 Pro?

Blown 89

Established Member
Seriously check out the Moto x style extremely impressive from them.

My first Moto x was amazing but charged slow
The second gen is a great phone and vanilla android

The style looks bad ass minus lcd screen instead amoled
Agreed. That new Moto X is looking to be an amazing phone for the price. $400 out the door, no contract. That's hard to beat.

For those of you saying you need a removable battery.....you might rethink that after using Quick Charge 2.0.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well I hope the quick charge is all it's cracked up to be.

I'll probably go with the Note, always had good luck with my previous ones.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I had a battery die on my S4 and I was easily able to buy a new one and replace it. I would certainly prefer a removable battery compared to a non-removable one.

Yeah but if you truly need to replace it for whatever reason (IE the battery itself stops holding charge), im sure theres a way, IE some $5 tool kit on ebay and then a replacement for $20-30.

When I was having issues with my phone I got a pack of 3 oem sammy batteries and two wall chargers for like $40-50.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Yeah but if you truly need to replace it for whatever reason (IE the battery itself stops holding charge), im sure theres a way, IE some $5 tool kit on ebay and then a replacement for $20-30.

When I was having issues with my phone I got a pack of 3 oem sammy batteries and two wall chargers for like $40-50.

I'd still rather have the convenience of a replaceable battery. Plus who knows how the warranty would hold up if they see the phone's been opened up.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Agreed. That new Moto X is looking to be an amazing phone for the price. $400 out the door, no contract. That's hard to beat.

For those of you saying you need a removable battery.....you might rethink that after using Quick Charge 2.0.

Easily going to be one of best phones of 2015-2016

Blown 89

Established Member
It is. My life doesn't revolve around chargers anymore. Just a little time in the car practically fully charges my phone off the QC2 car charger.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Does anyone have experience with those wireless charging pads? I've been thinking about getting a couple.

BlueSnake01

Established Member

I'll probably go with the Note, always had good luck with my previous ones.
It truly is worth the hype. +1 What someone posted about the car charging, as long as you have a car charge with a 2.1a output it’ll quick charge. To me, that was the real game changer on these new phones.
I'd still rather have the convenience of a replaceable battery. Plus who knows how the warranty would hold up if they see the phone's been opened up.
I can see that being the main problem but I dont go longer than 2-3 years with a phone without upgrading. The only phone I expericend with a bad battery was my old HTC Rezound (Nexus One). The previous Androids and the one’s after that, never had such thing. I also wouldn’t open up the new phones especially the GS6, I rather buy a used one instead.
Does anyone have experience with those wireless charging pads? I've been thinking about getting a couple.
I tried it, one of relatives has it. It works good BUT you need to make sure the phone is compatible with the charging pad or vice versa. It charges just as fast as a regular plugged charge. However, from what I read, having a beefy case might slow it down or not charge it all.

Blown 89

Established Member
I have a Nokia Qi and the Google's charging puck. They are awesome. They do more of a trickle charge so it's slower than a standard power outlet charger. It's nice to be able to set the phone down and start charging without fumbling with connectors and wires. They're definitely worth the investment. Slickdeals.net lists Qi charger deals all the time. I picked up the Nokia DT-900 from AT&T for $5 during a sale I caught on slickdeals.

Blown 89

Established Member
I can see that being the main problem but I dont go longer than 2-3 years with a phone without upgrading. The only phone I expericend with a bad battery was my old HTC Rezound (Nexus One). The previous Androids and the one’s after that, never had such thing. I also wouldn’t open up the new phones especially the GS6, I rather buy a used one instead.

I tried it, one of relatives has it. It works good BUT you need to make sure the phone is compatible with the charging pad or vice versa. It charges just as fast as a regular plugged charge. However, from what I read, having a beefy case might slow it down or not charge it all.
A charger is a charger. They're all compatible with every phones. Also, if you look at the amperage they charge much slower than a wall wort. It's compatible to using the usb port on your computer to charge.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
A charger is a charger. They're all compatible with every phones. Also, if you look at the amperage they charge much slower than a wall wort. It's compatible to using the usb port on your computer to charge.
Qi and Powermat only work with certain phones between each other (or cases?). The GS6 is one of the few that can be used with both types of wireless charging.
Also, some wireless chargers don’t output the full 1 amp, some do less, others do the full 1 amp (which is the same as a wired charger)

EDIT: NVM you’re right, looks to be 750mah so slight slower than wired.

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

If you are at the point to which they arent covering you for a replacement, then you are outside of warranty so what would it matter?

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
If you are at the point to which they arent covering you for a replacement, then you are outside of warranty so what would it matter?
Guess it wouldn't but I'd still rather the option to have a replaceable battery opposed to a non replaceable.

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
Terribly disappointed in the Note 5. I am still going to get one because I need a new phone but I was hoping for a lot more. This small ass battery and lack of micro SD slot really is a bummer.

C0bra99

Established Member
If Samsung if walking away from the expandable SD card slot they will lose me as a customer.

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
i think the changes to the Note5 are bad enough to keep people from upgrading to it , unfortunately this may have a impact on the used market for a note 4.

I hate to do it because my last 3 phones were Samsung and I like their UI with Android,

well thats not something i hear often, someone happy with touchwiz. Its rare.

You have zero need for a removable battery with the quick charge ability.

if you change/upgrade your phone every year then a removable battery does not really matter. If you are a frequent user of a phone and need to charge it daily you will see the batter life diminish rather quickly. its nice just to be able to replace it when the time comes. Id rather talk to a cable provider customer service then have to deal with warranty issues. not saying it wont be fixed but it wont be timely. apple excluded since its easy warranty

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if you change/upgrade your phone every year then a removable battery does not really matter. If you are a frequent user of a phone and need to charge it daily you will see the batter life diminish rather quickly. its nice just to be able to replace it when the time comes. Id rather talk to a cable provider customer service then have to deal with warranty issues. not saying it wont be fixed but it wont be timely. apple excluded since its easy warranty

True. I wonder, im sure there is still a physical battery inside the phone that can be replaced though, correct? So what you are arguing here is an "easily removeable/swappable" one versus one that may require one of those $5-10 toolkits off ebay to open the phone up (like an iphone).

IH8GM

Not so New SVT Poster
Established Member
True. I wonder, im sure there is still a physical battery inside the phone that can be replaced though, correct? So what you are arguing here is an "easily removeable/swappable" one versus one that may require one of those $5-10 toolkits off ebay to open the phone up (like an iphone).

its rarely just as easy to get one of those $5 kits otherwise it would be a moot point for me , though it would probably be a problem for the average guy. The htc m8 m9 is an example of a complete turd to try and replace the battery yourself ive done a few. or any phone that is water resistant/proof for that matter. Luckily the S6 is easy to open but the battery is a bitch to remove and already seen a broken display because of it.

btw the other thing i like about having removable battery is with an extra you dont have to carry around once of those backup usb chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread