Sandy Hook families sue Bushmaster

Machdup1

Established Member
I wonder if Lanza's estate will sue Glock for his self inflicted shot to the head. It would make as much sense as the folks suing Bushmaster.

The suit will be settled out of court.

ssssnake

Established Member
The gun drove over there, walked in, and unloaded on a bunch of children. Yes, it was the gun's fault.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
We live in a time where a dumbass can spill coffee on herself and sue McDonalds.

While I agree this case is misguided, you have your facts wrong on that McDonald's case. Have you ever seen the burns on the women? Most of that money went for her treatment. Everyone think that was just a money grab, when in fact it clearly was not. McDonald's was actually at fault for that.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
While I agree this case is misguided, you have your facts wrong on that McDonald's case. Have you ever seen the burns on the women? Most of that money went for her treatment. Everyone think that was just a money grab, when in fact it clearly was not. McDonald's was actually at fault for that.

So McDonalds actually reached down and put that cup between her legs? OK got it now thanks.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
They're coming at this case from an interesting angle. They are essentially hoping that a jury will view an AR-15 in the same light that the government view the Street Sweeper Shotgun.

So McDonalds actually reached down and put that cup between her legs? OK got it now thanks.

IIRK, McDonalds lost that case because they served their coffee at a very high temperature. One that was much higher than the industry standard.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member

Again, before commenting on something, it's better to know what you are talking about. Her making a mistake doesn't mean McDonald's isn't responsible for their mistake, which they CLEARY made if you took maybe 10 minutes to read some readily available literature available all over the internet...

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
People still use the McDonald's argument? McDonald's did a good job trying to twist that case until we got to see the pictures of that woman's legs... We've all spilled hot liquids before however... If you have seen the pictures of her legs... It's quite obvious this wasn't just a normal cup of hot Joe and she deserved whatever she got out of it.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
People still use the McDonald's argument? McDonald's did a good job trying to twist that case until we got to see the pictures of that woman's legs... We've all spilled hot liquids before however... If you have seen the pictures of her legs... It's quite obvious this wasn't just a normal cup of hot Joe and she deserved whatever she got out of it.

+1

MaCaNs

Filth, Flarn, Filth
Established Member
yup. to me this sounds like another situation where a lawyer(s) is looking for an extra payday and talked them into 'making a point'

this. sometimes the willingness for people on this site to show their stupidity is astounding.

my gf grew up two towns over. one of the teachers was a girl she went to school with and a friend of hers lost their nephew :(

Maybe some people have come to the realization that our gov't lies more than not. Remember the Gulf of Tonkin?

Carry on...........

VerySneaky

Bug Annihilator
Established Member
Again, before commenting on something, it's better to know what you are talking about. Her making a mistake doesn't mean McDonald's isn't responsible for their mistake, which they CLEARY made if you took maybe 10 minutes to read some readily available literature available all over the internet...

Oh, I get that McD's heats their coffee with a nuclear reactor and is clearly above normal "hot" coffee. I'm just saying she was an idiot for putting something obviously that hot in between her legs. I don't see why McD's should have been held responsible for her actions. It would be like suing Ford when you run your GT500 into a telephone pole.

Bushmaster did nothing wrong. It was the obvious misuse of the weapon that lead to a tragedy. That is what a gun is for. Killing or injuring. A responsible owner uses one for sport shooting, defense or for hunting food. I get that these families are devastated. I would be too. I too mourn the loss of the children and teachers. My wife is a Kindergarten teacher. There was no sense in the attack, and the one at fault is the shooter, and is already dead, along with his family. There is no recompense for their loss. If anything, we need a fund established for helping these types of families out under these circumstances.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Oh, I get that McD's heats their coffee with a nuclear reactor and is clearly above normal "hot" coffee. I'm just saying she was an idiot for putting something obviously that hot in between her legs. I don't see why McD's should have been held responsible for her actions. It would be like suing Ford when you run your GT500 into a telephone pole.

So you make a mistake and wreck your GT500. So be it. But what if you were severely injured because you're airbags didn't deploy?

Wouldn't the manufacturer of the ammunition used be at least as responsible as Bushmaster, if at all? I'm just trying to use the same silly logic these money grabbers are.

I also want to go on the record of endorsing people to look a little further into the case of the McDonald's coffee. What that woman had to endure because of spilling some coffee on herself was total crap. I've never seen burns that bad!

Edited to add quote.

Last edited:

Rotzs99

Established Member
Saw the McD's pictures and they are pretty bad. She should have also sued Ford for not putting cup holders in the Probe.

McDs never changed the temp of their coffee. They use new cups with a lot of "Caution HOT!" labeling on them. The coffee that burned the woman conformed to industry standards according to the National Coffee Association.

Riptide

Established Member
She still was the one that spilled the coffee. She is responsible to one degree or another.

nxhappy

Established Member
****ing greedy ass liberal retards. I hope Bushmaster wins. Why don't we all sue Ford for drunk driver accidents?

Users who are viewing this thread