Sarasota Meet

Predatorbird

Established Member
It looks like everyone can't make it on the 20th so we need a new date. I'm guessing Sat/Sun are the best days for everyone to meet right? Please pick which day is better for you and the time of day so we can make this happen. I'm thinking we can meet somewhere to take some group photos then maybe cruise to Hooters or something.

Anyone not from the Sarasota area is welcome to come. Once we set a date please spread the word.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
I`m thinking after the first of the year is better also,kinda crazy this time of year.
I can`t even get my car out of the garage right now with all the crap piled in there!

Last edited:

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
Im down. After the holidays might be better for everyone to come out. If anyone local to me wants to meet up for a min I am cool with that too.

04Cobra23

Twin Screwed
Established Member
There is a grilling area/cabana that they have at my complex. I think its $50.00 for the day. Plus its right next to the pool with a little putting green.

Predatorbird

Established Member
Where are you doing this Adam?16th would work fine for me.
I haven't figured it out yet. I'm trying to think of a spot that could potentially accommodate 20+ cars.

saturdays are good for me whats the plan though? Grilling is always win...if so ill bring mass people

There is a grilling area/cabana that they have at my complex. I think its $50.00 for the day. Plus its right next to the pool with a little putting green.

I like the idea of grilling out, but I'm worried your complex will be too small (and your neighbors won't be too happy with all the cars). I'll try and think of an area we can do this at.

Predatorbird

Established Member
We can probably go to Twin Lakes Park. It's off Clark Rd (exit 205) about 1/2 mile east of the interstate. That seems like a good spot right off I75 so everyone can find it easy. There is plenty of parking, shade, benches, and I think some grills to use. I'll go check it out, but that should be a good location for everyone.

http://www.scgov.net/ParksandRecreation/RecreationCenters/TwinLakes.asp

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Either of those days works for me, and that does seem like a good spot. What time are we thinking?

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
check out if theres grills and stuff see if we need to call and reserve anything or pay for anything and ill check out if any of my friends want to join in (some non cobra guys if thats ok)

sweet88gt

You really look at this??
Established Member
Looks like it would be a good time. It would be nice to put a face to some local screen names.

To bad its the same day a private track rental I recently signed up for. If something changes I will keep this in mind.

Predatorbird

Established Member
I stopped by the park today and took some pics. This place will definitely work if everyone wants to come. I got the number to call to reserve the gazebos.

Parking
IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1038.jpg

Gazebos
IMG_1033.jpg

IMG_1032.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

Grill
IMG_1034.jpg

Bathrooms
IMG_1027.jpg

Activities