SATCAR = Lots of Fun for Little $

Lumpydogs

Established Member
OK, all you current racers are probably gonna call this weak sauce, but I sure had fun. :banana:

I drove with SATCAR at GingerMan Raceway today. Their track day consisted of two practice sessions (30 & 45 minutes), one group qualifying session (45 minutes) and one 32 lap handicaped race. (approximately 55 minutes). All this track time for only $255 that includes rental of transponder, competition license and annual membership.

So it's not door to door racing, that's true. However some of us lack the time, talent and cash to go door to door racing. The whole event is handled very professionally and all vehicle laps are posted after every session. There is a staggered start out of the hot pit based on your qualifying speeds. To prevent sandbagging, a driver cannot turn in any laps more than two seconds faster than in qualifying. Stop and go penalties are accessed.

Passing does not required a point bye but must be started and completed within the straights. To see more details see their website at
Satcar Racing Home

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Finished 4th out of 10 in the group. I had to give up 3rd on the last lap (exit of turn 10) :fm: Was real low on gas and chugging coming out of the corners. :bash: Nursed it home in 4th with 1/2 throttle. Last lap was a 2:04.9 :lol1:

gmsux

Denial ain't just a river
Established Member
Sounds like fun, not being door to door may be weak for some here but I'm with ya, that's all I'd do at this point!

PETSNKE

Established Member
I'm glad you had better weather than we had at Road America last weekend:nonono:

So did you use up the Avons or try the NT01s out you won last month?

Lumpydogs

Established Member
I'm glad you had better weather than we had at Road America last weekend:nonono:

So did you use up the Avons or try the NT01s out you won last month?

Larry,

The weather was fantastic! Dry and hot but not too hot.

I ran the NT01s, because SATCAR does not allow slicks. They were horrible the first session, squealing, sliding and unpredictable. I was soooo disappointed. The second session was a little better but still less grip then I'm used too. I bumped up the air pressures for qualifying and the race. That did it, I broke my personnal track record by a full second. :-D

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Finished 4th out of 10 in the group. I had to give up 3rd on the last lap (exit of turn 10) :fm: Was real low on gas and chugging coming out of the corners. :bash: Nursed it home in 4th with 1/2 throttle. Last lap was a 2:04.9 :lol1:

Sounds good! Congrats! :beer:

Mother Nature was not a race fan last weekend! :cryying:

Larry,

The weather was fantastic! Dry and hot but not too hot.

I ran the NT01s, because SATCAR does not allow slicks. They were horrible the first session, squealing, sliding and unpredictable. I was soooo disappointed. The second session was a little better but still less grip then I'm used too. I bumped up the air pressures for qualifying and the race. That did it, I broke my personnal track record by a full second. :-D

Avons need to be run stupid soft. NT-01's are more a normal pressure tire. Running them soft would not be good.

I actually like the NT-01's a lot as an everyday knock around tire.

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

Lumpydogs

Established Member
Avons need to be run stupid soft. NT-01's are more a normal pressure tire. Running them soft would not be good.
:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

That makes sense. I originally setup the NT-01s with the same pressure I run with the Avons. :nonono: I won't do that again.

Users who are viewing this thread