Save Carlsbad Raceway! (Please read)

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Despite what you guys have heard... The track is not destroyed. Thats right. Yes I have seen the pictures. There is a spot at the 1/8th mile where they bulldozed up to get a sewage pipe through. It can be easily repaired. There is a fairly large movement now (if you guys dont read the North County Times) of people that are trying to save the track. Check out www.savecarlsbadraceway.com. I know it looks bad, but if we can get some more support, it really shouldnt be that difficult. For those of you who think this is a done deal.. Check this out from the paper this weekend.

Referendum1_enlarged_H.gif

Referendum2_Enlarged_H.gif

Come on now... I know people can chip in a little time or money, to help get this referendum passed.

Kap

P.S. Mods, any chance this could be a sticky? Hate to lose yet another track in the SoCal area if not at all avoidable. Thanks,

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
They didn't run it well, and the prep was non-existent.

Agreed... However the people that were running it are out of the picture. They are gone. We are trying to work it so it is once again the facility it used to be. Check out the website..

Carlsbad Raceway

Dont damn the place just because the Grismer kid that took it over is an a-hole.

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by Blk_C5_FRC
Agreed... However the people that were running it are out of the picture. They are gone. We are trying to work it so it is once again the facility it used to be. Check out the website..

Carlsbad Raceway

Dont damn the place just because the Grismer kid that took it over is an a-hole.
Oh, I didn't know there would be new people in charge. If that's the case, I'm up for getting it back.

I HATED the way they ran that place.:nonono:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Can they build a new track in Santa Monica? That would be great. The first 30 million dollar parking lot. hehe

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
Oh, I didn't know there would be new people in charge. If that's the case, I'm up for getting it back.

I HATED the way they ran that place.:nonono:

Basically, short story.. Guy that ran Carlsbad raceway for the last decade didnt care about.. Was all about the money. Had the gall to charge more the last day it was open. Shoulda been freakin free for the people that had been supporting the track. Anyway, he sold out. Now a bank in Texas owns the land. They are trying to get it devolped and re-sold. The devolpment can be blocked, if we get enough support. Then comes getting the track REBUILT not just what we have been using for years. Anyway, check out the website www.savecarlsbadraceway.com. Every little bit helps.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by mikep01
that place had the worst pits ever, track sucked , and the rudest crue around. come on drag city.

Yea... Come on Banning... No completion date... In the middle of the desert... At elevation... So you can run 2-4 months out of the year... And get shitty times when you do run... Hmm, 800 ft or 2000 ft.. 78 degrees in Jun, or a 112? I'll take the former if possible. Lets make possibility, reality.

Machinator

Banned
Blk_C5_FRC said:
Yea... Come on Banning... No completion date... In the middle of the desert... At elevation... So you can run 2-4 months out of the year... And get shitty times when you do run... Hmm, 800 ft or 2000 ft.. 78 degrees in Jun, or a 112? I'll take the former if possible. Lets make possibility, reality.

I am with you all the way man, elevation and heat suck!

Nuke61

Smoke 'em if you got 'em
Established Member
mikep01 said:
that place had the worst pits ever, track sucked , and the rudest crue around. come on drag city.

You're right, but it was 45 minutes from anywhere in SD County, and 10 minutes from my house.

The last time I ran there, the old, cranky guy (never got his name) who directs cars to the burnout box said to me "You can run your penis-mobile against that other penis-mobile" (it was a T-Bird Turbo Coupe -- smoked him)

Yeah, I know I drive a Vette, but you'd think that you'd be a *bit* nicer to the paying crowd.

Hye

Established Member
Nuke61 said:
You're right, but it was 45 minutes from anywhere in SD County, and 10 minutes from my house.

The last time I ran there, the old, cranky guy (never got his name) who directs cars to the burnout box said to me "You can run your penis-mobile against that other penis-mobile" (it was a T-Bird Turbo Coupe -- smoked him)

Yeah, I know I drive a Vette, but you'd think that you'd be a *bit* nicer to the paying crowd.

i think the guys name was woody, they were all hillbillies, but i sure do miss that place

HIErPwRd

Established Member
nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nuke61 said:
It's gone; grading has already started or will start soon.

man i just came across this thread, its been six months since ive been in SD...
lived right off of Melrose/Alga...like 2 miles away...

never had a car quick enough to run, but having that track there was something i guess i always took for granted....

wow.
how sad....
cant imagine driving down palomar airport and seeing yet another strip mall/group of office buildings....

*almost teary eyed*

:(

Users who are viewing this thread