saw an early screening of lone survivor

03cobrah

Established Member
excellent movie! if you like war movies I suggest you watch it. really pulled on the heart strings. comparable to black hawk down imo.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Excellent book, looking forward to the movie. How did you manage that?

03cobrah

Established Member

an early screening of lone survivor? i have a friend that works at a gun range and his boss gets tickets like that all the time. haven't read the book, the book is always better though. I've been meaning to read the book but I didn't think they'd come out with a movie so soon. I've read American Sniper the one with Chris Kyle. really good book, couldn't put it down. I hope they make a movie on his story too.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
I could have went to an early screening but I had to work. I've been anticipating this movie for awhile. The book was incredible. I read it in a week and I HATE to read. Its the only book I've read cover to cover in the last 5 years. Even the book "pulled on the heart strings". If anyone hasn't read the book I advise that you do, especially if you plan on seeing the movie.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Plenty of ways to get it. Most common is the thru theaters themselves. Lots of times theres people outside with early screening flyers, that'll get you to more screenings or signing up online to your theathers.

I have a friend who works for Paramount and he see's a movie almost every week. I saw 300 Rise of an Empire almost 4 months ago. Good to hear O.P, movie looks very good.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I could have went to an early screening but I had to work. I've been anticipating this movie for awhile. The book was incredible. I read it in a week and I HATE to read. Its the only book I've read cover to cover in the last 5 years. Even the book "pulled on the heart strings". If anyone hasn't read the book I advise that you do, especially if you plan on seeing the movie.

This, all of it.

Can't wait for the movie. Couldn't put the book down, first full book I've read since high school probably.

Blown99GT

Forged and Blown
Established Member
Saw this last night also. Great Movie, was glad to see they did it right, although the ending was different from the book. But overall a solid flick, nice gore and headshots.

Much respect to all who serve and put their ass on the line to protect ours! :USA:

Bad Chariot

Established Member
an early screening of lone survivor? i have a friend that works at a gun range and his boss gets tickets like that all the time. haven't read the book, the book is always better though. I've been meaning to read the book but I didn't think they'd come out with a movie so soon. I've read American Sniper the one with Chris Kyle. really good book, couldn't put it down. I hope they make a movie on his story too.

Bradley Cooper has signed on to make that movie, if I remember correctly Speilberg was originally signed on but quit due to some issue. I have been wanting to read both Lone Survivor and A/S. I really liked No Easy Day.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
I just don't get the big deal with Marcus. The whole situation was a series of bad command decisions and luck (getting help from locals). Not saying he's a pussy or anything but it was a situation that could've easily been avoided.

hoamskilet

Established Member
I just don't get the big deal with Marcus. The whole situation was a series of bad command decisions and luck (getting help from locals). Not saying he's a pussy or anything but it was a situation that could've easily been avoided.

Probably has something to do with the fact there's no reason he should've made it out of there alive

03cobrah

Established Member

you might like "american sniper." i couldn't put that book down either.

UncleDan

Established Member

Don't come on here trying to start a pissing contest. He was there, you weren't. So were the other 3 guys, but they're not here anymore.

Katy TX5.0

Established Member
Don't come on here trying to start a pissing contest. He was there, you weren't. So were the other 3 guys, but they're not here anymore.

I notice nothing you said refuted what I stated. I've read a summary and it more than likely could've been prevented. I just don't get the celebrating of a breakdown in leadership. If I made bad decisions in Afghanistan resulting in deaths unnecessarily I would've been charged. It's actually happened with a couple Army officers. I just see things differently based on experience.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is one movie I've been wanting to see. I have no doubt it will be awesome!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

I think the big question and why war is so hard is that no one has any idea who is good and who is bad. Does one just kill them all? The three goat herders may have been good/bad and they spared their lives. The men of Redwing were killed because of this gesture.
Other locals helped Marcus, and their community/family was killed in the process. It seems like regardless of the decision death was going to happen. Terrible way to live!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I notice nothing you said refuted what I stated. I've read a summary and it more than likely could've been prevented. I just don't get the celebrating of a breakdown in leadership. If I made bad decisions in Afghanistan resulting in deaths unnecessarily I would've been charged. It's actually happened with a couple Army officers. I just see things differently based on experience.

And if you killed with no reason, those people were not armed and showed no threat(one was a kid), our government will court martial! Marcus did not overrule the other men, he was simply a deciding vote. One he made based on the rules our leaders hamstring our troops with!

Users who are viewing this thread