scared of the rain? I am

dirtyjerz5.0

Established Member
Since I have bought the car from Nicky Pass it has only had 1000 miles put on her in about a year. The car has YET to see rain all of its life and really is spotless. I think i might take a gamble this weekend and drive it down the shore for the july 4th festivities but it says possible 40% chance of storms on sunday. Why am i so nervous :lol1:

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I couldn't think of ONLY putting 1k on the car a year..
I live in the rainiest place on Earth. Getting caught in the rain is normal here. Live a little bruh!

JJackson

Established Member
cars are made to be driven in any condition, it wont hurt it for it to see rain. just enjoy the car and dont worry if it sees a little rain as it can be cleaned or wiped off. people who wont drive their car in the rain make me laugh, why buy a car if you just look at it or are worried to even take it out of the garage? my car sees rain from time to time, the paint is still as clean as can be and its still in one piece.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
If you are not running drag radials, slicks or wiped out street tires you should be fine.

A rather obvious reduction in throttle application when driving in the rain would be considered prudent/advisable/mandatory.:beer:

SVTDice

Established Member
^ What Jimmy Said. I just drove mine in the rain and I noticed how well my Windshield Wipers worked. I was like, Wow this is awesome. Anyways, Have fun, BE CAREFUL. If it comes down really heavy, Pull over at a gas station Etc. Not so much worried about your drivng...More so other people's driving. Anyways be careful! Goodluck man!

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
What Jimmy said. I drove mine daily for over a year here in Florida. Every afternoon in the Summer we get drenched, so just drive a little more carefully.

dirtyjerz5.0

Established Member
its not the actual driving of the conditions that bother me, its the fact that the car or underside has yet to be moist lol

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
I couldn't think of ONLY putting 1k on the car a year..
I live in the rainiest place on Earth. Getting caught in the rain is normal here. Live a little bruh!

I dunno about that, where I live in southern Bavaria it rains multiple times a day during the summer...like it makes it pointless to EVER really wash your car.

However as long as your not using DR, or bald ass street tires like Jimmy said you'll be fine man. I drive mine daily in the rain, with some cheap ass all weather tires right now and she gets around fine. As long as you dont drive like an idiot you'll be fine.

Last edited:

mach1033

Established Member
Where you going seaside? I would worry more where ya gonna park it with all the dumb asses down there. Post up some pics if you smoosh with Snooki :)

346CamaroSS

Established Member
I dunno about that, where I live in southern Bavaria it rains multiple times a day during the summer...like it makes it pointless to EVER really wash your car.

However as long as your not using DR, or bald ass street tires like Jimmy said you'll be fine man. I drive mine daily in the rain, with some cheap ass all weather tires right now and she gets around fine. As long as you dont drive like an idiot you'll be fine.

I was elaborating... It is pretty wet here. :beer:

greengt88

Established Member
205469[/ATTACH]"]
2011-04-22123039.gif

I'm afraid of Drag radials in rain.

Attachments

• 2011-04-22123039.gif
    2011-04-22123039.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 42

1hot281

Established Member
I know how you feel. My car doesn't see rain either. Tho my daily driver does, and the same rules can apply to your car if it MUST encounter a shower.

Constant rain isn't a problem. It's intermittent showers you have to worry about. If it rains a little, then the sun comes out, water spots and water spot etching of your clearcoat can result. Keep some microfiber towels and a quick spray detailer like Mothers Showtime Instant Detailer in the trunk.

The dangers of rain and anything else your paint may encounter are dramatically reduced with a few fresh coats of a quality protectant like a carnauba wax or synthetic polymer paint sealant.

I drive it in the rain all the time. But I have some good tires (Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus) on there for that kind of weather. The t/c actually works pretty good in the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread