Scheduling Nightmare for My Shelby

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
^ that

Someone agreed to take some stick no AC fiestas to get a Shelby faster and the zone rep got paid and made is number.

That warrants a complaint for sure

BIRDDOC

Established Member
So, after multiple talks bt my dealer and zone rep, the zone rep
Determined he does not know the reason for my schedule change (which
Occurred 4 times) and will be unable to find a reason. So, it's obvious
Unfair dealer priority was given in my zone. This soldiers march will
Not stop here.

Outback101

Established Member
It's aggravating that you feel like you are getting a BS answer. I can wait if I feel I have a legit answer but when things change like dates and answers start to change you feel like someone isn't upfront. Sad thing is FORD CUSTOMER SERVICE is of NO HELP! Oooh here's a case number feel better...not. FCS dosen't do anything with the case number yet that I can tell. Here are some of the answers I have gotten for the delay/missed dates.
"It'll be at your dealer by the end of MAY" (Zone rep to dealer)
"it's at the upfitters for the SVT package" (Zone rep to FCS and dealer)
"some were called back for drive shaft stickers" (AAI employee to me)
"it's on the ramp waiting for a truck" (AAI employee to me)
ETA the 8th, ETA the15th, someone from CS will call you in two days...crickets lol
They haven't updated the status since May 22nd thats the best info I have. (CS to me several times since the week of MAY22)

Give me a legit ETA for delivery of a $65,000 machine like any other manufacturer would please.

We need a venting ICON. Using this one for now. :whine::whine::whine:

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I agree. Ford CS is really lacking and full of smoke screens. I just want this to be a fair process, and know I'm being treated accordingly. My dealer is small and just outside of Fort Knox, Ky. It's been hard staying the course with them and not just bailing for another deal in another state but they have been so upfront with me. I like knowing I'm supporting my local community as well. They are going to push for answers high than our zone rep now. In the end I still have a VIN and delayed build date. So grab some :pop: and lets see what havok we can cause with in Ford :rolling: I have nothing else to think about until July 30th so why not.

Dick Lyon

Established Member
Read the whole story and it is a shame. Buying one of these Shelbys is supposed to be fun but I too am getting frustrated. Lomg waits, bad info and a sort of indifference and at somehwere in the high $60 thousands a lot of folks are making money.

I have finally decided to just ignore the process and think and do other things..if it shows after I have been so jacked around then "I will decide" if I even want it...Could be worse...I could have bought and got delivery of an LT1

VaporDude

Established Member
Ford CS has always been just like what describe here. I went through this same process with my Raptor. After almost 6 months waiting, it finally arrived. It sat at the railyard for almost 10 days because the trucking company didn't want to deliver just one vehicle to the dealer. I told Ford about that and it was more or less brushed off. Of course there were also delays in the 6.2 engine as well.

On another note, it seems like when there is something new and hot that comes out, Ford takes its time on the first few thousand orders. I guess they want to make sure that everything goes right and work out any kinks in the process. Once those get out the door, it seems like it takes no time at all to get an order through. I am not trying to defend anyone but in my years of ordering cars, this seems to be the process.

So sit back and wait for the car to come to you. I am sure it will be worth it in the end.

BIRDDOC

Established Member
I completely understand your point of view. My issue is not that at all though. It's the fact that in my zone i was in line at the shelby store for my new toy and someone pushed me out of the line and made me go to the back for no obvious reason, other than favoritism towards others. If I had to wait in line with everyone else in my rightful place because of the issues you brought up I would be alright with that. I'm a hard working paying customer just like everyone else and deserve to be treated as such.

Users who are viewing this thread