School me on the 2015 mustang GT!!!

venmousracer

Established Member
My wife just gave me the green light to pick up a 2015 GT.

My question to you is, Auto or stick?

I have not owned a newer mustang except for foxbodies and one 99 cobra back in 01. I am selling my Foxbody to purchase a new 2015 mustang. I was not a fan of the s197 cars. But these new one caught my eye. If the car looks this good even in base trim, one can only imagine lowered, wide wheels and tires out back and stanced!

I am looking to have fun, street/strip. Mod it to make 450rwhp+ n/a, automatic,? The auto version, is it really that great of an option ? 3:15 or 3:55 gears for an auto stang? Looking at the premium GT's and comp Orange. Guide me and show me pictures please!!!!

Thank you for your time. Eddie

Anthony K

Established Member
The auto will be faster in the 1/4 and more consistent.

But I love rowing gears in my toys.

450rwhp will be a slight challenge with a auto. Little easier with a stick. But hp is only a number. My car made 445 with jlt intake, Gibson cat back, stainless works headers and a killer Livernois Motorsports tune. Those same parts won't get you a 445 dyno sheet, BUT it will still be just as fast in the 1/4. Give or take.

Makes 614 now with a Procharger stage 2 p1sc. Still 10x more fun than auto in my opinion.

venmousracer

Established Member
I am not chasing rwhp numbers but if j can average. 11.20-11.30's n/a that would be great! Plus I plan many drag strip runs with the car. And I want my wife R
To enjoy the car as well

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
I faced the same issue last week when ordering my 16.

I went 6 spd. I SO wanted a auto so I could get the wife to drive it, but it felt so numb and sterile compared to the 6 spd.

Drive both, you'll see.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Order a 16 specific to your needs, by the time it arrives they will have ironed out all the manufacturing issues associated with the 15's! "Word"....

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
The newer automatics do not lose power to the wheels compared to the manuals. So everyone can throw that excuse out the window. And as your power levels climb the automatic advantage just increases...

venmousracer

Established Member
The more and more I read on the 6- speed auto the more I like it. Put a stall and a tune with a Trans cooler and done with it. All with the limited diff 3:15 rear gear

Just amazed how much easier technology made these cars to mod

scotmach

Established Member
Auto is all I'll ever own in a Mustang if they're as good as my 2011 6R80. Trading that in on a new 2015 and it for sure will be an auto.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Until the paddle shifters are more than a "look I got paddle shifters" feature go manual. If only Ford could achieve something like the 8 speeds from the Corvettes with paddle shifter speed...

bunk22

Established Member
Manual for a man. Auto for a female.

I flew both jets and props off aircraft carriers, flying out of Afghanistan as I type this, I drive an auto, I'll challenge your man card any day lol

As far as an auto v stick, to each their own, drive both. All my previous stangs and my C6 were sticks, all fun. I dig the auto thus far.

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Some of us are drivers and some of us a riders. Autos are faster in the 1/4 mile manuals faster on a road course. Manuals give you the connection with the car feel which is essential to an overall better driving experience. Autos give you the ability to shove a 1/4 pounder with cheese down your throat and ride at the same time.

Last edited:

venmousracer

Established Member
I have a penis, and no my vagina is not flapping.

I am a 1/4 mile racer at heart!

I read all the issues with the mt-82 and that has me questioning a 6 speed GT. I am a gear banging, power shifting, balls to the walls,red-line shifting, gas peddle to the floor, no lift shifting type of guy.

I don't want to walk away with shifters and broken Trans all the time now.

If the car makes 440rwhp+ I better be in the 10's, I'm no dyno queen racer.

Back on point. Since I did not jump on the whole s197 coyote scene. I am wanting to jump on the new chassis and very impressed. But I am a guy coming from the fox body world straight in to this whole new experience.

Eddie

Last edited:

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
[youtube_browser]2-XDQttTMMQ[/youtube_browser]

I flew both jets and props off aircraft carriers, flying out of Afghanistan as I type this, I drive an auto, I'll challenge your man card any day lol

As far as an auto v stick, to each their own, drive both. All my previous stangs and my C6 were sticks, all fun. I dig the auto thus far.

Didnt know they had female pilots, nice!

The problem is that you are probably so tired/worn out from flying and going on all these badass missions, that when you drive, you just want to relax and just ride. Cars have probably just turned too mundaine and are just a method of transportation to you.

Last edited:

Branhammer

Established Member
I have a penis, and no my vagina is not flapping.

I am a 1/4 mile racer at heart!

I read all the issues with the mt-82 and that has me questioning a 6 speed GT. I am a gear banging, power shifting, balls to the walls,red-line shifting, gas peddle to the floor, no lift shifting type of guy.

I don't want to walk away with shifters and broken Trans all the time now.

If the car makes 440rwhp+ I better be in the 10's, I'm no dyno queen racer.

Back on point. Since I did not jump on the whole s197 coyote scene. I am wanting to jump on the new chassis and very impressed. But I am a guy coming from the fox body world straight in to this whole new experience.

Eddie

These cars aren't fox bodies. You're not running 10's with 440 rwhp. They make right around 375 rwhp stock and are capable of about 12.9 if I'm not mistaken. I don't see 65 additional hp alone getting a 2015 under the 11's.

Turbosixx

Established Member
This debate is laughable.

Here's the deal.... If you want a fast car that will run the number every time with absolutely no issues, buy the auto. It's by far the best and strongest factory transmission you can get. I've gone 9.60's consistently on a stock 6r80.

If you want the fun of driving the car and possibly missing gears, burning the clutch up, breaking axles, by all means get the manual.

This is 2015, technology has far surpassed the fun and manliness of a manual transmission.

Users who are viewing this thread