School me on the 2015 mustang GT!!!

craigstu

Established Member
Forgetting the stupid male/female stuff I will add this. The new trans is a very nice one to drive. Nearly BMW quality. If you are really into drag racing and need to be really consistent, the auto is your pick. If you just drag race casually and enjoy driving w/ some spirit on the road, maybe the stick is your choice.

Branhammer

Established Member
Auto's are still boring. Talk to me when they put a dual-clutch auto in the Mustang. Although I'll still prefer a clutch for the fun factor. Drove an F430 a couple months back. It was amazing. My only gripe....the dual clutch auto is STILL an auto.

Zemedici

Established Member
This debate is laughable.

Here's the deal.... If you want a fast car that will run the number every time with absolutely no issues, buy the auto. It's by far the best and strongest factory transmission you can get. I've gone 9.60's consistently on a stock 6r80.

If you want the fun of driving the car and possibly missing gears, burning the clutch up, breaking axles, by all means get the manual.

This is 2015, technology has far surpassed the fun and manliness of a manual transmission.

yes because the only thing that contributes to a car's fun factor is

'how fast does it go in the 1/4?'

And you missing gears, burning clutches up, and breaking axles doesn't mean everyone else will :)

Lets try it this way.

If you want to just push a pedal and go, auto's for you

If you want to actually have SOME sort of control over your vehicle, manual's the way to go.

Manual for street car

Auto for racecar. Simple.

venmousracer

Established Member
I did not ask the question properly.

How strong are the automatic transmission on the 2011-2015 units.

How strong is the mt-82? I have read they are weak,. I can be wrong. I do t want to buy a whole new car and then spend a boat load on swapping out a trans or beefing it up to handle my style of driving and habits.

This car will be my secondary car, will be tortured and driven hard when I do. And I myself do a fair share of drag racing at the track for a street car. Not looking to have an all out race car. Just a car I can have fun and throw anything I want at it. If in out with my wife and a gtr or vette pulls aside and I want to have fun so be it.

I don't race dyno's, I don't buy the latest and newest part. I go about things with what works and what doesn't.

There are plenty of guys who make 600 rwhp + on modded cars but still run a 12.90.

If I can run a 12.999999 on a bone stock car leaving if idle. Then that tells me, launching hard, hooking and 60- footing I will be faster then a 12.9999 with the same setup. Only difference being tirea and launching technique or the appropriate parts

Eddie

Zemedici

Established Member

How strong is the mt-82? I have read they are weak,. I can be wrong. I do t want to buy a whole new car and then spend a boat load on swapping out a trans or beefing it up to handle my style of driving and habits.

This car will be my secondary car, will be tortured and driven hard when I do. And I myself do a fair share of drag racing at the track for a street car. Not looking to have an all out race car. Just a car I can have fun and throw anything I want at it. If in out with my wife and a gtr or vette pulls aside and I want to have fun so be it.

I don't race dyno's, I don't buy the latest and newest part. I go about things with what works and what doesn't.

There are plenty of guys who make 600 rwhp + on modded cars but still run a 12.90.

If I can run a 12.999999 on a bone stock car leaving if idle. Then that tells me, launching hard, hooking and 60- footing I will be faster then a 12.9999 with the same setup. Only difference being tirea and launching technique or the appropriate parts

Eddie

Automatic are MUCH stronger than the manuals, no arguing that fact.

6R80 will hold just about anything you can throw at it.

MT-82 has been improved since the early models, but its still 'weak' in comparison to the Tremec units in the SVT lineup. Much weaker than the 6R80

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
​Auto!

How strong are the automatic transmission on the 2011-2015 units
Very, some have gone 8's with a stock trans.
Then buy an auto.
Then buy auto.
Then buy auto.
Not with auto, buy auto.
Just buy an auto.
Eddie

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

Eddie

Eddie, sounds like the AUTO is the option for you. Dont listen to all the negative garbage posted on this thread and dont forget to pick up your complementary make-up kit and purse upon purchase of your new 15' auto.

:)

Last edited:

Zemedici

Established Member
Eddie, sounds like the AUTO is the option for you. Dont listen to all the negative garbage posted on this thread and dont forget to pick up your complementary make-up kit and purse upon purchase of your new 15' auto.

:)

:lol:

nxhappy

Established Member
small penis, buy an auto.

Big black 12 incher.....buy a 6 speed :beer:

olaosunt

Established Member
I have both, buy the stick.

I too have both (soon to be TT) .

Buy the auto.

1. Drive to the track on drag radials(no need to swap to slicks/trailer car),

2.Keep drive train stock -drive shaft and axles(You will definitely need them ....and a new clutch ... and may be eventually a new tranny with manual)

3. Click off consistent 10's(with any power adder) without breaking a sweat.

4.You are more likely to drive home on own steam, without breaking something in drive train(I should have bought shares in towing company at local drag strip)lol

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Mt-82 sux , tremec magnum xl is the trans. if some of you auto guys had one your opinions about rowing the gears would change! Just remember tons of mustangs run road courses and auto crossing where true driving skill can be measured. Guess what? not a 1 of them is an automatic. 1/4 mile auto is....step on the gas keep it straight till the end... Little to no skills involved the car does all the work. You can bet your ass i will be watching the continental tire series this weekend at the glen with the debut of the gt-350 r which happens to be a manual transmission car!

gqneon

Established Member
I'm white and my 14" penis is black. I feel like maybe I should be concerned about that. Is this normal?
LMFAO, no that shits totally normal. Don't sweat it.

I went 6-speed after a decade of grocery getting autos. Sure feels nice. Can't argue with the simplicity of strength of the auto especially for a power adder car, either. Stick requires practiced skill to go consistently fast, auto is, well, automatic. I've heard they new autos are great. The only time I want one though is when I think about drag racing for easy mode consistency. You can't pick a wrong one, but I'm very happy with my choice of 6M.

Last edited:

14GT5HUNDRED

Established Member
The auto in the 15 is the best auto I have ever driven.. I have a 14 GT500 and it is fun.. I have a 15 Focus ST and it is manual.. it is nice as well.. but the 15 auto is tuned so nice and it shifts better than I ever could.. mine is a premium and the sport mode keeps you in the right gear all the time.. I love driving it.. no missed gears.. no issues and it shifts awesome.. I don't know what the comments about the auto are from.. I enjoy shifting.. but the new auto is really done well...

scottmac2000

Established Member
I just bpught the auto but had to buy a real 50 anniversary to get the p.p. with the 15" brakes because it is only available on the manual. Looks like that will be the same for the 16. This new mustang is like driving a different car. Seems slower because of how it handles. I bet it will handl 700 hp better then previous model.

Anthony K

Established Member
The newer automatics do not lose power to the wheels compared to the manuals. So everyone can throw that excuse out the window. And as your power levels climb the automatic advantage just increases...

You have been proven wrong by every single 15 that has been dyno'ed.

Autos make in the 350-360 ish range. Manuals in the 370-390 range. Mine made 393.

Users who are viewing this thread