SCMC VIR FULL COURSE October 17-18, 2009

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
For those of you that just can't seem to get enough of VIR Full Course, (damn I wish I lived closer :cryying: ) the Fall SCMC TWO DAY Full Course VIR event is just what the doctor ordered. :dancenana:

The SCMC is one of the best clubs you will ever do a track event with! Here is the link for sign-up:

[ame=http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16587]SCMC Message Forum - SCMC on Track at VIR -- Alton, VA -- October 17-18, 2009[/ame]

Here's the Complete SCMC Track schedule for the year:

Complete Open Track Event schedule for 2009

SCMC on Track at Carolina Motorsports Park - March 14-15, 2009
Carolina MotorSports Park

SCMC 10th Anniversary at Virginia International Raceway - May 29-31, 2009
(Full, North, North Courses - Show and Go.) VIRginia International Raceway - Welcome to VIRginia International Raceway

SCMC on Track at New Jersey Motorsports Park - July 17-18, 2009
(Show and Go) Welcome to New Jersey Motorsports Park

SCMC on Track at Gingerman Raceway - September 18-20, 2009
(South Haven, MI - Show and Go) Gingerman Raceway, Ltd.

SCMC on Track at Virginia International Raceway - October 17-18, 2009
(Full course, both days - no show.) VIRginia International Raceway - Welcome to VIRginia International Raceway

SCMC on Track at Texas World Speedway -College Station, TX - November 6, 2009
Texas World Speedway

:thumbsup::coolman::beer:

wheelhopper

Established Member
I told Tony that I would be there. I get the most track time with those guys, and they have some of the fastest drivers/cars that I have run with.

BTW, Bruce the 14" Roush kit worked great. I was able to brake later than nearly every car on the track. Including a Viper, Vette, and any other Mustang that I was running with. Some of those guys were still faster around the track, but I caught back up to many of them at the braking zones.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
Doug... I thought I would be able to go, but as soon as I got home my lovely wife reminded me that I have to go to a wedding that weekend:nonono:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
bruce, you should fly down for that. the zippo car will be long ready by then. if you are up to it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BTW, Bruce the 14" Roush kit worked great. I was able to brake later than nearly every car on the track. Including a Viper, Vette, and any other Mustang that I was running with. Some of those guys were still faster around the track, but I caught back up to many of them at the braking zones.

Doug:

That sounds like my first outing with the Shelby GT500 at Road America. Going INTO the turns is where I caught all of the weenie Corvette drivers!!! :dancenana:

Doug... I thought I would be able to go, but as soon as I got home my lovely wife reminded me that I have to go to a wedding that weekend:nonono:

Birthdays, Anniversaries and Weddings are the cog in the wheel for racers and open trackers! :cryying:

bruce, you should fly down for that. the zippo car will be long ready by then. if you are up to it.

Hmmmm....... let's see, fly in, rent a car, drive it on track, drive the Zippo car, make a sales call when I leave and write the trip off as a business expense. :idea:

Runs and checks calendar! :read:

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
Hmmmm....... let's see, fly in, rent a car, drive it on track, drive the Zippo car, make a sales call when I leave and write the trip off as a business expense. :idea:

Runs and checks calendar! :read:

For the right price, I have a Cobra or two you can rent, LOL. Do you want bone stock or slightly modded?

-Kevin

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member

John,

While I agree you have a lovely wife (and I think your mom is hot, LOL), if you are going to do this "track thing" with us more often, you need to learn to call her by what she really is to become. She is a:

- Accountant
- Sponsor

You get to call her either one, just depends on what you want and what her last decision was.

:poke::beer:

-Kevin

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
John,

While I agree you have a lovely wife (and I think your mom is hot, LOL), if you are going to do this "track thing" with us more often, you need to learn to call her by what she really is to become. She is a:

- Accountant
- Sponsor

You get to call her either one, just depends on what you want and what her last decision was.

-Kevin

Hmmm...

I was told I had to call my sponsor "Honey" and "Dear". :shrug:

Seems to work....sometimes.

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
John,

- Accountant
- Sponsor

-Kevin

:lol1: Accountant... If she had any idea how much I have spent on the car and track days for the past 2 months, I would be living permanently in the garage... maybe that is why I am remodeling the garage. Making it more comfortable for when she finds out:-D

BlackStripes

Established Member
Ok, since my car is here and running good (after a 4 month delay!!).. I am in for this. I just need to wait for next month to pay, this month has been brutal with expenses!!! Anyway.... I CANNOT wait to go to VIR with a bunch a Mustangs!!!

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
:lol1: Accountant... If she had any idea how much I have spent on the car and track days for the past 2 months, I would be living permanently in the garage...
Yeah, I made the mistake of telling my other half how much I've spent on it this year. Haven't heard the end of it yet.

wheelhopper

Established Member
Having seperate accounts has probably saved me from more arguments over the past 6 years. One of the best lessons learned from my first marriage.

Flamethrower

Established Member
I have separate accounts too! :banana:

P.S. If you attended the SCMC 10th anniversary and prepay before September 1, 2009 for this VIR event then you get an additional $20.00 discount which means it will cost you $355.00 for the weekend, an unheard of price. This event is in conjunction with Super Stang Fest and many of the show/track participants are already booking up the track rooms so you may want to get your room at the lodge reserved if you plan on staying there. More information can be found here:

Track: www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/
Purchase Track time: www.scmcstore.com
Show and show purchase: www.superstangfest.com

T

Last edited:

Flamethrower

Established Member
Just in case anyone is interested??

Remember, this event is in joint cooperation with the owners of Super Stang Fest! :banana:

if you are a gun enthusiast, then you will like the below item.

Danville, VA (July 17, 2009) - VIRginia International Raceway, America's Motorsports Resort, proudly announces the opening of the resort's latest addition - two regulation skeet shooting ranges. The skeet range's grand opening is tonight for the VIR Motorsports Country Club and will open to the public with a 'fun shoot' beginning at 4:00 Saturday, August 1.

Open to the public from August 1 (specific schedule to be announced soon) and located adjacent to the Plantation Valley Kart Track, the range features two regulation skeet shooting ranges. A round of skeet is 25 shots from 8 stations. With VIR already a favorite destination among fans and racers alike, the skeet range is another plus for visitors to America's Motorsport Resort.

"We are always looking to add resort amenities to this amazing facility" said track general manger Josh Lief. "Now we have taken one step further towards becoming a full service resort destination."

The public fun shoot allows shooters to participate for $20 per round, which includes targets and basic instruction. Ammunition is also be available for sale, if needed.

The skeet ranges will also be available for group outings held at VIR. Plans for the range include a VIR Skeet League, similar to the popular Kart Leagues, and private lessons. Details of these and other developments will be announced as they are confirmed.

VIRginia International Raceway is a multi-purpose road racing facility, located on the Dan River between Danville and South Boston, Virginia. VIR hosts a wide range of professional and amateur auto and motorcycle racing and track events, and is well established as "America's Motorsport Resort. For further information, call 434-822-7700 or visit our web site at Welcome to VIRginia International Raceway.

Users who are viewing this thread