FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Anyone care to fill the rest of us in with an event report!? :poke:

Sorry I was unable to make this one! :(

VIR is DA BOMB!!!!! :dancenana:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Had an awesome time running in the advanced group. Weather actually held up well, missed one session because we got a small shower in the am on Sunday. Burned up my slicks though, so I will have to pick up some more in the off season.

SCMC put on a really fun event, got to meet some great people, the advanced drivers were relaxed, and had very good communication. Count me in for next year at VIR and NJMP.

-Rick

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Had an awesome time running in the advanced group. Weather actually held up well, missed one session because we got a small shower in the am on Sunday. Burned up my slicks though, so I will have to pick up some more in the off season.

SCMC put on a really fun event, got to met some great people, the advanced drivers were relaxed, and had very good communication. Count me in for next year at VIR and NJMP.

-Rick

Rick:

Thanks for the report. So you were not one of the people running a Corvette!??!
;-):poke::p

wheelhopper

Established Member
It was a great time Bruce. We lucked out and had great weather. A little cold and windy Sunday morning, but it beats torrential downpours.

SCMC always puts on a great event. This is my 3rd time with them. I have to say, this was the fastest group that I have ever run with, even for SCMC. There were a lot of newer ZO6s, as well as cars that would fall into the AIX category. Rick and myself were probably 2 of 6 cars that had A/C and stereos, not counting the Vettes. Those damn things are so fast right out of the box. Time for a more track oriented car or dare I say.....a Vette.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
It was a great time Bruce. We lucked out and had great weather. A little cold and windy Sunday morning, but it beats torrential downpours.

SCMC always puts on a great event. This is my 3rd time with them. I have to say, this was the fastest group that I have ever run with, even for SCMC. There were a lot of newer ZO6s, as well as cars that would fall into the AIX category. Rick and myself were probably 2 of 6 cars that had A/C and stereos, not counting the Vettes. Those damn things are so fast right out of the box. Time for a more track oriented car or dare I say.....a Vette.

Doug:

Sounds like a good time. But you're going to run the risk of an infraction using the "V" word in this forum! ;-):poke:

Corvettes are for passing NOT driving!!! :p

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Rick:

Thanks for the report. So you were not one of the people running a Corvette!??!
;-):poke::p

No prob Bruce, nah no corvettes here I was one of the guys throwing the Cobra around trying to catch them. :rockon:

Doug, I think we need to start hiding lead weights in the vettes when the guys aren't looking.

Last edited:

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
I had a blast as always at VIR!
~ Finally got to run the track! ~

The pics turned out amazing! Hope to get them up here soon...

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
I'm bummed I couldn't go. Wedding anniversaries can be such a pain in the ballz. :)

I'm definitely going to plan for an SCMC event down there next season....if not there then NJMP.

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member

trmclassics

Established Member
I was the road course test driver in the GT700KR at the 2008 event. Man, I loved that car! Hey AC 427 Cobra........I think you remember me passing a new Z06 in that bad boy!? Here is AC's video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LUNp5qCn1Y"]YouTube - Griggs GT700 KR Encounter at VIR[/ame]

This was his in-car. The car in front of him is an 08 Z06. I went around AC on the front straight and passed the Z06 in turns 3 and 4. Good times! Seriously, that 700KR was one of the most fun and well balanced cars I have tested. I think it weighed in at 4,150 or something with me in it. It drove and handled like it weighed 3,000. Unreal. Can't believe it is on the market. The owner was able to drive his kids to school in it, let his wife drive it to work and drive it himself to VIR to track it. That is freakin' awesome.

Glad you guys had a great event and safe one. Sorry I could not make it this year.

Flamethrower

Established Member
It was a fantastic event with a really great turnout, best turnout all year. It was a little chilly in the morning but that weather was a little unusual for this time of the year. temps are back up in the 70's today. Had a lot of fast cars and even the "orange" group, intermediate group, was freaking fast, too. You could almost say that we had two advanced groups and one novice group the way those guys were driving.

I have go to get some weight off my snake! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread