Scoops, or no Scoops???

Does the new Shelby need side scoops?

• shit yeah, I don't even know why they aren't coming on the car standard.

Votes: 65 60.7%
  • Hell no, scoops are gonna look dumb on this car.

Votes: 42 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Torque

Banned
I happen to think that this car NEEDS SIDE SCOOPS IN A BAD WAY. I know that they won't be functional, but I don't care. The side scoops are the biggest marker of the Shelby Mustang, period. I am getting a Shelby when they come out, then it is straight to the body shop to get all scooped up. And not those cheapo looking Xenon scoops, I mean scoops like this:
www.ronaelemustang.com

What do you guys think?

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i dont really think that the design is a failure with out the scoops but yea, i think it does need them.

Torque

Banned
yeah, I get what you are saying ygohome, and I am not a fan of phony stuff either, but for God's sake, this car needs scoops. It doesn't make the car bad without them, it just needs 'em.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Needs side scoops, I agree. Then they could offer an aftermarket scoop cooling duct kit like they did in '67. Feeds nice, cold air to the rear brakes for all that decelleration we would be doing. Plus, it would look the 'nads!

AbusiveWombat

Established Member
Too bad the poll didn't have better selections:
- yes scoops, functional or not
- functional scoops or nothing at all
- no scoops please...keep it clean

I'm for scoops but only if they're functional. Fake scoops are just too ricey....that's one of the things that bugged me about the previous mustangs.

I will admit that the Ronal mustang in the link above is SWEEEETTT. On a side note, how does a company like that stay in business when they're charging 70k for a warmed over Mustang GT? (and I thought the Saleens were expensive).

Last edited:

Dave07997S

Established Member
AbusiveWombat said:
Too bad the poll didn't have better selections:
- yes scoops, functional or not
- functional scoops or nothing at all
- no scoops please...keep it clean

I'm for scoops but only if they're functional. Fake scoops are just too ricey....that's one of the things that bugged me about the previous mustangs.

I will admit that the Ronal mustang in the link above is SWEEEETTT. On a side note, how does a company like that stay in business when they're charging 70k for a warmed over Mustang GT? (and I thought the Saleens were expensive).

I agree, only if they were functional. Otherwise its like "tits on a bull". Dave

Torque

Banned
ok, so they wouldn't be functional. Big deal. Do you really need cold air fed to your rear brakes? For the extra expense it would be to make the scoops functional, it is not worth the benefit! Plus, take a look at this:

http://www.musclecarcalendar.com/FeatureCarsHome/JaysGT500/JS3II.jpg

I'm not 100% sure that the top scoops on the origional shelby are functional!! Would you call that "rice"? Bottom line is, it would look cool. What is so wrong with that.

Fuctional or not functional, GIMME SOME SCOOPS :beer:

1999-COBRA-6661

[S]pecial[V]ehicle[T]eam
Established Member
Why is it so important to have functional scoops? I agree that it would be a major pluss, but the 03/04 Cobra had FAKE scoops.

If its wasnt called a GT-500 I wouldnt want any scoops.

Cat Breath

Established Member
I love it as it is without them. If they added functional ones then great, but I'm in the "can do without fake crap" crowd. I don't even like the rear emblem on the new mustang because it is reminiscent of the real rear gas cap of the 60s stangs.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i dont care if scoops are functional or not,the sides just look kinda bare without them, especially after seeing O so many terminator year stangs with the scoops.

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
No more factory rice for me. If the engineers determine that it does not need scoops, it does not need scoops. Directly-ducted brakes are for race cars, there is way too much debris on the roads for street use. It also ducts rain and slush directly on the rotors on wet days.

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
I don't care for scoops. The scoops on my '03 have enough scratches on them. I prefer the clean look. If they do decide to add scoops, I hope the make it as part of an appearance package, not standard.

LedVenom281

Zoso
Established Member
I photochopped the 07' GT500 with side scoops and 1/4 vents. I think it looks 10x better.

shelbycobra_white_w_blue_stripes_side_view_whole_w_side_scoops_and_window_vents_copy.jpg

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
Torque said:
I'm not 100% sure that the top scoops on the origional shelby are functional!! Would you call that "rice"? Bottom line is, it would look cool. What is so wrong with that.

Fuctional or not functional, GIMME SOME SCOOPS :beer:

The upper scoops on the '67 are functional interior vent scoops- and they worked great! Early '67s (~first half year) had functional lower scoops, and later ones were decorative, but you could buy a cold air duct kit (with drain tube) from Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread