Scoops, or no Scoops???

Does the new Shelby need side scoops?

• shit yeah, I don't even know why they aren't coming on the car standard.

Votes: 65 60.7%
  • Hell no, scoops are gonna look dumb on this car.

Votes: 42 39.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave Schotz

SCCA Racer
Established Member
Sorry Guys... I have one on order as well... and if it AIN'T FUNCTIONAL... DON'T CLUTTER UP THE CAR! ;)

Now... if they're functional... I am 200% ON BOARD! ;)

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I am sure there will be quite a few aftermarket companies making fake scoops for these cars.
I would go for scoops if they didnt look like an afterthought. Remember sometimes less is more.

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
If they aren't functional .. don't put them on .. that is my biggest turnoff on my 04!!! I consider it RICE!!

I think I saw a good delete kit from someone .. I'll have to find it ..

Crowley

Torque

Banned
Well, you are ridiculous in my opinion if you think scoops on a cobra are "rice". Mabye if you put them on a six cylinder I would agree. But seriously, even if the scoops were "functional", how many of us really need the slight, (and I do mean slight) braking advantage we would get from routing cold air onto the rear rotor? That is more of just an excuse to have "ricer" scoops in my opinion. I mean if the scoops routed cold air to the back of your radio so the back of it stayed cool, would you get them then? They would be "functional". :beer:
Bottom line is, the scoops are function if you put them on. They are functional in making the damn car look cool, is that so wrong? It's not like I asked if we should have ford put a 3 foot tall spoiler on the back, and a couple of fart pipes out back.

Last edited:

Hot_Headed

Rable Rouser
This is what the GT500 Should look like. In my opinion, of course.

427153_28_full.jpg

427153_29_full.jpg

punky

Eric Cartman Wannabe :)
Established Member
I prefer functional side scoops to help keep the rear brakes cool. If it is not necessary, then it should be left clean. The shape is already angular enough.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
why does everyone want functional scoops??? we all know its the front brakes that get the most use so functional scoops are pointless unless on a race car. i still think scoops would make it look better, just doesnt seem like a stang to me without the scoops.

BIG SLICK

Established Member
Hot_Headed said:
This is what the GT500 Should look like. In my opinion, of course.

427153_28_full.jpg

427153_29_full.jpg

THAT IS EXACTLY HOW I WAS PICTURING IT SHOULD BE. THANK YOU. I'VE BEEN TELLING MY BROTHER AND COUSINS THIS. I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS IT SHOULD STAY TRUE TO THE SHELBY NAME, AND NOT LOOK LIKE A MUSTANG GT. WOOD GRAIN STEERING WHEEL WOULD ROCK TOO.
YOU EVEN HAVE THE REVERSE LIGHTS RIGHT WERE I WOULD PUT THEM. PLEASE SEND THESE PICTURES TO SOMEONE AT SVT OR ALL THE FORD MAGAZINES AND TELL THEM THIS CAR HAS TO BE THE NEW SHELBY. THANKS HOTHEAD YOU TOO SEE THE THE LIGHT.

G. El Dorado

Established Member
I wouldn't mind a functional scoop behind the doors for brake cooling, but I think those C pillar scoops look rediculous. I mean even if they were functional what the hell would they be for? Intake for a rear engine? Air for rear passengers? It reminds me of that Eclipse in TF&TF with the scoop on the roof.

Users who are viewing this thread