Screaming01L at Pinks all Out in Gainesville (VIDEO)

FlaHP

Established Member
The weekend was crazy

We decided to run Dave's truck that had no track time and only 1 track pass on it after the tire shop crushed my Bogarts.

Thursday night
At Midnight we found my truck was not going to make it.

Friday morning

At 4 am I got Daves truck back to my house.

At 6 am I got up to get to the track

4 pm time to run and the water pump took a dump and I over heated doing the burnout.

6-7 pm we could not find the parts to convert the pump back to mechanical so we hit up guess who...

Mrgadget

Yea the guy doing the GT turbo truck that can't seem to finish it. We set him back a few weeks and toreinto his truck and raided it for the parts we needed.

11:30 Friday and the truck has a new water pump......

SAT

7 AM Back to the track

2pm first run and its a 10.88 on a burnt plug

Got the plugs swapped and the last run was an arm drop race.

My buddy was in the Firebird and spun the tire from the burnout box tot he 60 ft.

Rich loved it.

I ownerd him on the arm drop and beat him but 7+ cars.

We hope to get the card and find out what the final run was but I am guessing 10.5-10.6

The truck has so much more in it but I think we will be pulling the motor to fix some issues before we find out.

The truck was a hit and drew a great crowd.

SVTBARRY showed
SWTHOMAS came from SC
Typhoon43 of corse
BrickRocket
AND AT LEAST 4 OTHER l OWNERS WERE THERE FOR SUPPORT

ok back the the after party.

Last I heard a local was still in the final 4

they picked 11.46-11.48

OK Typhoon43 get me another beer :)

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
yeah :( passenger side head has some hot spots. Shouldnt of had it repaired, should of just bought a new casting. #1 &#3 have the plugs hanging too far into the chamber leaving about 5 threads exposed on the top and no where for the heat to transfer. We burnt 1 plug, i think that happened when the elctric pump konked out on the previous testntune session in the water box. As long as i keep the IAT2's down 1 and 3 stay intact, but if they go up, those 2 holes simply cant stay cool enough

thanks for all the great replies though!! It was a blast. BUT ALOT of time and effort went into it.... To bad they chose an mid 11 second field for the show.

chesster51

Established Member
Damn guys, I didn't realize ya'll went through all that. Now that's wanting to be there. I just knew they were going to pick a mid 10 sec. class and was really surpised with the mid 11's. After you guys were out, the only driver I knew personally in the 16 was old Trickie Rickie, but he lost his first one by .02. We were at mid track and he was ahead by a car. It looked like he lost it in the last 100' or less. Anyhow, at least a Ford won the event.

Last edited:

J-Rod76

2001 Lightning
Established Member
Amazing run. I can't belive all of the work you guys did to get there, but in the end I guess it all paid off. Congrats!!

Screaming01L

Go Fast or Go Home
Established Member
Damn guys, I didn't realize ya'll went through all that. Now that's wanting to be there. I just knew they were going to pick a mid 10 sec. class and was really surpised with the mid 11's. After you guys were out, the only driver I knew personally in the 16 was old Trickie Rickie, but he lost his first one by .02. We were at mid track and he was ahead by a car. It looked like he lost it in the last 100' or less. Anyhow, at least a Ford won the event.

Yeah, LOL, somehow, even in the heat, we were running 10.8's on the button. Ran within .008 of our tesntune run. They had alot more 11 sec cars that ran within a hundreth or 2 of each other. One of our local friends (Rollins Racing) made it to the final 4:rockon:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread