Screwed a Plug- please help

MongoCobra

Established Member
Changed my plugs to the Densos this weekend, and broke an electrode on one while I was gapping it. I put it in anyway gapped to .04 (best I can) and it seems to be running fine.

I'll try to call the place today and purchase one plug but I do not think they get sold in less than a 4 pack, should I keep this in or swap it out for the old Motorcraft plug?

what is th right way to gap a plug anyway?

thanks

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
You need a special tool to gap the Denso's from what I hear... Order them from a supplier that will gap them to your specs prior to shipment.

U.M.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Originally posted by MongoCobra
Changed my plugs to the Densos this weekend, and broke an electrode on one while I was gapping it. I put it in anyway gapped to .04 (best I can) and it seems to be running fine.

I'll try to call the place today and purchase one plug but I do not think they get sold in less than a 4 pack, should I keep this in or swap it out for the old Motorcraft plug?

what is th right way to gap a plug anyway?

thanks
You broke an electored and are using it anyways? Very bad idea. Denso's are way to fragile of a plug for my taste to begine with let alone using a broken one. Your asking for trouble.

B03Cobra

SVT G0D
Established Member
How do you measure the gap on the denso's I had a wire gapper the box was labeled .04 but the wire said like 25 do u measure from the little tiny pin sticking up or the base of that little needle electrode thing?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
When I installed my Denso a couple of months ago I used a regular wire type gapper against the advice of others here. I had no problem at, but then again I gapped them VERY carefully. You can also use needle nose pliers but in my opinion the wire gapper works better. The key here is to take your time and be careful not to damage the electrode. Yes, the plug is more suseptible to damage, but it is a superior plug. You can't find a better one on the market. In the long run you'll be happy with Densos.

P.S. Don't assume the factory gaps them correctly. My plugs had three different settings, from .034 - .040. I gapped them all to .038.

Users who are viewing this thread