SCT data logging issue, not recognizing handheld

Status
Not open for further replies.

latamud

Gearhead
Established Member
Damn, I'm having a very similar problem, found this thread in a google search. New SCT X3, got the tune loaded to the car fine. My initial idle AFR is too lean so tuner said to datalog. Livelink loaded, and you have to manually install the drivers for this too. If you format everything, you have to delete the old drivers too, well that was what worked for me. I can get it to comm with the device but once I get to the point where I check comm it says failed to communicate with vehicle and prompts me to unplug and start over. Same thing, same results. I'm aware SCT is on holiday until 2 Jan also, because they told me the last day they were operational like last week.

Steve_S

Established Member
I think I posted this earlier but I had to call sct and they went onto my laptop while I talked to them and they installed the software and it worked after that. Not sure why they don't fix this?

mechanicboy

Established Member
Windows 8.1 needs special drivers that you can only get from an sct tech right now. Mine works great now, didn't take long at all for them to figure it out.

Fopar

Established Member
Hey guys just bumping this one for reference, I had the same problem tonight. I have an X4 and it communicated with my desktop computer with windows 7 but not my windows XP laptop. I tried everything recommended in this thread but nothing worked. Uninstalled and reinstalled all the software a couple times, re-downloaded the executable and reinstalled, no good. The drivers were loaded correctly as I could see the device under the "Jungo" device area but the livelink2 would not communicate.

Then it came to me, the only difference between my laptop and the desktop was that I downloaded the firmware update software to update the X4 before using it, and I did so before downloading the Livelink software. So I uninstalled it all on my laptop again, this time loaded the firmware update software first. I fired it up and it communicated with the X4 and confirmed it was up to date (which I knew it would be). I then installed Livelink and low and behold it worked!.

So if anyone is having problems with this still try this. And if SCT sees this your driver included with the Livelink software is garbage, find out why the firmware software device driver is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread