SCT Dyno Tune in San Antonio!!

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
I need to know ASAP who's interested.

Don Walker from Modular Madness in NC has agreed to come to Texas and do SCT tuning. This is open to ALL Ford vehicles.

Date: Saturday June 26.
Place: San Antonio TX
Minimum of 6 cars, max of 12

Tentative pricing:

450.00 includes Chip and Cable ( if needed ) 1 hr max tuning time . 25.00 Each additional program can hold a total of 4 tunes.

HandHeld Flasher tuner. 550.00 includes 3 tunes , Handheld Flasher, and install of programming.

Any customer that already has SCT chip or tuner $250

Non Factory Supercharged and Nitrous cars Add 50.00

Powerstroke Diesel tunes avail as a walk out chips for 400.00 for a chip with 4 tunes and 475.00 for custom Handheld with 3 tunes.

Any walk out non dyno'd chips are also avail.

Flash tuner cables 75.00 ( for email support )

Dyno time not included. I'm getting pricing on renting for the day, so cost should be minimal.

No predators , or Diablo's will be touched.
Cars must be ready to run...ie. no mechanical issues.

Again, if interested I need confirmation and vehicle info ASAP.

Pulley pullers and other tools will be available for simple mods or, techs will be there if you want to pay an installation fee.

PM or email me at [email protected]
Again...this is open to ALL Ford vehicles.

Don can be contacted at [email protected] or by calling 704-660-3464.
Anyone who wants a reference for Don's tuning abilities can contact Chris Johnson at SCT.

More information on SCT tuning can be found here. http://www.superchipscustom.com/

Last edited:

BuffDigits

Bling - Bling
Established Member
bummer, too bad I went diablo. I dont really wanna drop another 7 bills for a different chip. ah well ill probably be down there soon though to get retuned after my new stuff goes in.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Hey Tracy, count me in for sure!!! I have a SCT flash tuner already but I think my tune is low on power. 439rwhp, 470 rwtq
running a little lean, had the flasher retuned and added a LFP heat exchanger and #'s went down to 436rwhp and 456rwtq with a 2.76 BF with all idlers, 74.5 gatorback belt, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback and Denso IT 22's. AT the Austin dyno day Lance told me I might have a clogged cat or bad tune. Thinking of getting a Mac prochamber or Mrt H- pipe
also. Maybe I'll get my blower ported as well so I can be done with this pig and get it dyno tuned by one of the best. What do you think???
:beer:
Scott

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
well, well, well... This looks like the perfect opportunity for me to shut up and pulley this thing. :D I will let you know by the end of this week if that is not too long to wait. Thanks for setting this up! :beer:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Tracy, did you find out what renting the dyno for the day is going to cost? Man I can't wait for Don to get down here!!!
I need my Cobra dyno-tuned bad!

:beer:
Scott

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Looks like it will be about $100 an hour or less. Still waiting to hear back from two other shops.

MTI LS1

So 550 is for the SCT Tuner and the tunes. I have the pulley, predator, and idlers but was waiting to see where I wanted to get it tuned, but this is a damn good deal. I need to sell this Predator now.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by BigZach
So 550 is for the SCT Tuner and the tunes. I have the pulley, predator, and idlers but was waiting to see where I wanted to get it tuned, but this is a damn good deal. I need to sell this Predator now.
Yes...550 includes the flasher and 3 tunes and it is a good deal. The only thing extra is the dyno time and the more people we get, the less it will be.

Feel free to call Don to discuss your specific needs.

03blacksnake

Time Traveler
Established Member
I forgot I have a wedding to go to in Austin that day :nonono: It may be too early for you to say, but can I schedule a time to get in there? Like somewhere between noon and say 5 or 6 PM.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
Any difference in tuning with the flasher compared to the chip?
There is no difference in the tunes themselves. just how they are installed on the car. The flasher is more warranty friendly since you can flash back to stock. A tuner will also be able to email you programs which can be downloaded to your flash tuner via a special cable, then flashed to your computer.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by racerat
There is no difference in the tunes themselves. just how they are installed on the car. The flasher is more warranty friendly since you can flash back to stock. A tuner will also be able to email you programs which can be downloaded to your flash tuner via a special cable, then flashed to your computer.

Good deal count me in then. Hey do you know of anyone down there that can install the APTEN cooling mod? Sure would like to get both done.

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
Good deal count me in then. Hey do you know of anyone down there that can install the APTEN cooling mod? Sure would like to get both done.
Give Don a call or email with your current or planned setup. The more prepared he can be ahead of time, the smoother things will go on the day.
As for the cooling mod...sorry, I don't know anyone who has done it. It's a royal PITA from what I hear. Are you installing a new clutch too? If not, might want to do that at the same time since I hear the tranny needs to come out at the very least.

EngCon

Established Member
Tracy - I would have been interested but this is the same day as COTT in Houston. I have been wanting to play around with the racer pro package for awhile and this would have been a good opportunity but just bad timing for me. Thanks for setting this up for all of us 03/04 Cobra guys and gals.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread