SCT Dyno Tune in San Antonio!!

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
Originally posted by nuxx
Any Austin guys or people coming through Austin want to meet up? I'm probably going to take Zach's car down there, and suck at directions...

When are you driving down there?

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by SaleenCobra
When are you driving down there?

When ever, I dont' really care, what time will you guys be coming through Austin? I haven't heard back from Zach yet though :(
-Peter

Predator03

Banned
tracy call me when you have time...wanted to know if someone in SA can install kb for me

will be wanting 16psi w 55 or 60pd inj's and bap

Jett

Remember I'm in mcallen TX
Isnt the other tracy the owner?

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Ok folks...I just got a call from Don. His flight was grounded in Memphis due to weather and he won't be here until 10 a.m. tomorrow.
Everything is still a go...just starting a couple hours late.
I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, but we can't control Mother Nature.
:(

EDIT...he got another flight so he'll be there at 10!! I'll be there at 8.

Last edited:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
Thanks for the heads up Tracy! I don't think I'm going to get much sleep tonight:cryying: I have a good feeling it will be well worth it though once Don tunes my car:rockon: I'm leaving around 7 so I should be there right before Don gets there. Drive safe and I'll see you all there.
:beer:
Scott

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
So how did everyone make out? Hope the equipment held up:cuss: It sucked that my baby had to go through all that crap at the start:cuss: Just hope it didn't damage anything:cryying:
:cryying: :cryying:

chrisle7220

Established Member
Hey Tracy, talked to my friend today who has a blue EVO that went to that SCT Meet. He said he raced you, and it took you 115mph to pass him. Not sure if he was exagerrating or what, but I want some explanations?? lol

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by Lil Ninja
Hey Tracy, talked to my friend today who has a blue EVO that went to that SCT Meet. He said he raced you, and it took you 115mph to pass him. Not sure if he was exagerrating or what, but I want some explanations?? lol
Yep...he got a huge jump on me. His car is no joke. What kind of explanation do you want? We started in 2nd gear (I can't go WOT in second because of traction) and I short shifted into 4th because up until yesterday my car had a crappy A/F up high. Did he also tell you how badly I blew by him at 115? It wasn't just a "walk." ;-)
He annihilated me in the Lightning. :p

btw...we ran about two weeks ago. He may still get the jump, but after my tune yesterday, it won't take that long to catch up next time. :beer:

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I am pretty bummed out about my tune.
I went to Maxwell Dodge on the dynojet and pulled 1 hp lower and the same torque as I did on the dyno day last month but now I have a prochamber and $250 dollar dynotune. On the way home I also aquired an exhaust leak!
Any one want to by this piece:cuss:
Hey at least all of you got good tunes.
Scott

nuxx

Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
I am pretty bummed out about my tune.
I went to Maxwell Dodge on the dynojet and pulled 1 hp lower and the same torque as I did on the dyno day last month but now I have a prochamber and $250 dollar dynotune. On the way home I also aquired an exhaust leak!
Any one want to by this piece:cuss:
Hey at least all of you got good tunes.
Scott

You're pulling ~ 430 with 2.76 right? I'd say the heat is killing you, give it till the fall and see if you aren't in the 450-460 range. I bet you will be. :beer:

My car is not venturing near a dyno till the temp reads in the 60s :D

I swear my car feels like it has 200hp right now... oh well, 2lb lower, shorties, + new tune and cool air... can't wait for winter :bowdown:
-Peter

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I am confused cause it put down 435hp and 457tq at the maxwell dyno day. Then I install a Prochamber, get a dynotune and go back to the same dyno in the same conditions and lose 1 hp!:cuss: WTF! My car is at 12.2 at 3000rpms and drops below 12 at 4250 and slowly drops to around 11.5 at 6500 where before it was at 13 at 4000rpms, 12.3 at 4500 and 12.0 at 5500. Being that my car is alot safer now, is that the reason why the power #'s stayed the same. I guess it's best to be safe than sorry:burn:

Peter- Don told me to run a tune that is on my flasher during the cold months that takes out 3 degrees of timing. He said that it was best cause our cars tend to run leaner when it's cold. Guess I'll be low on power even in the winter months too. :loser:
Scott

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I am confused cause it put down 435hp and 457tq at the maxwell dyno day. Then I install a Prochamber, get a dynotune and go back to the same dyno in the same conditions and lose 1 hp!:cuss: WTF! My car is at 12.2 at 3000rpms and drops below 12 at 4250 and slowly drops to around 11.5 at 6500 where before it was at 13 at 4000rpms, 12.3 at 4500 and 12.0 at 5500. Being that my car is alot safer now, is that the reason why the power #'s stayed the same. I guess it's best to be safe than sorry:burn:

Peter- Don told me to run a tune that is on my flasher during the cold months that takes out 3 degrees of timing. He said that it was best cause our cars tend to run leaner when it's cold. Guess I'll be low on power even in the winter months too. :loser:
Scott

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Originally posted by VENOMOUS 10TH
Scott..how does the car feel?
I'm making the same power as before but the car feels radically different.
As for comparing the two dynos at Maxwell, the conditions were not the same. There was a lot more humidity in the air yesterday than the first dyno day. It's been raining in Texas for a week! Also...I don't know what/if any gains there are from the Prochamber.
You're running richer but making the same power. That indicates your current tune has more power. What A/F did you request? Did you test the other tunes on the flasher yesterday?
Worrying about dyno numbers will drive you crazy...if the car is running well, enjoy it.

VENOMOUS 10TH

TexasMofo
Established Member
I talked with Don today and all is good.
The tune is safe as requested by me and it is pretty hot and humid out here so thats why the dyno #'s are low. The car feels sweet with the new tune but I had to drive with the conservative tune from the other tuner for over a month because it was too lean so I can't compare the tunes. It's in the safe zone and is really what matters to me, I was just so pissed that their was problems with the equipment while my car was on the dyno.
:cuss: Luckily Don noticed the problem, aborted the pulls, and corrected the problem. Thank you all for the support:beer: Now that I know my tune is safe, I'ma gonna go out and finally have some fun. :rockon:
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread