Sct help!!

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
So I'm trying to upload a new tune file when my dumbass accidentally bumps the datalog button on my laptop while hooked up to the car. (I was going to datalog once finished.) Anyway it comes back with a code 1034 tune failed and to reload the stock tune if the car won't start. :fm::fm: Of course the car doesn't start nor will it let me select a new file to load. So even if I had the stock tune I couldn't load it! I'm so f'in pissed right now! Anyone have this happen to them and if so how did you fix it? Call SCT? I tried to update the firmware and it didn't do any good. Thanks all for the help in advance!

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Had it happen once when I turned the key off loading a tune in a 04. I had to "Return to stock" and retune. You don't have a "Return to Stock" option in the Program screen with Custom Tune, etc?

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
No, it doesn't even let me get to my tunes. I hit custom tune and that error pops up automatically. I don't have a stock tune but figure I could just load an old tune instead. Don't know if this will work or not but it's my only option when it comes to my tune library.

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You have to have an option to return to stock. That's a basic function of the SCT flash tool.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
X4 or X3
Go to "Program Vehicle" now DON'T go to Custom Tune scroll over till you see "Return to Stock"

Section 3.3 in the manual:
http://www.sctflash.com/PDF/X4Manual_003.pdf

(Page 27 in the PDF)

If you can't even get to the Program Screen you probably have to call SCT cause most likely having issues with the marrying and it recognizing the VID.

Last edited:

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Sorry, I forgot to mention it is the X3. I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for the suggestions. Really just ticked all the dumb crap keeps happening just when I think things are going smooth...

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Sorry, I forgot to mention it is the X3. I'll give that a shot tomorrow morning. Thank you very much for the suggestions. Really just ticked all the dumb crap keeps happening just when I think things are going smooth...

Works the same, actually what I use. Program Vehicle --> then one click to the right, look for the icon with binary over the car.

Good luck, I can sympathize with how frustrating these tuners in particular can get. Spent hours trying to figure out my logging issues to end up having a defective USB cable.:bash:

Last edited:

ZOMBEAST

Killed by Death
Established Member
If you upgraded the firmware before reloading stock tune, you're screwed. If you're lucky, SCT can help you remotely. I wasn't so lucky. Had to send tuner to them to fix. G/L

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
If you upgraded the firmware before reloading stock tune, you're screwed. If you're lucky, SCT can help you remotely. I wasn't so lucky. Had to send tuner to them to fix. G/L

The thing is, I never had a stock tune. I bought the car tuned already without a handheld tuner. I had to buy the tuner and tunes afterwards to make sure I had a good tune on there. I hope I don't have to send it in.

Imatk

Established Member
The thing is, I never had a stock tune. I bought the car tuned already without a handheld tuner. I had to buy the tuner and tunes afterwards to make sure I had a good tune on there. I hope I don't have to send it in.

Whatever tune was on the car initially is your "stock" tune so if you return to stock it should work. But if not call SCT.

nxhappy

Established Member
shit man, hope it all works out. Def call SCT they will help you out.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
Works the same, actually what I use. Program Vehicle --> then one click to the right, look for the icon with binary over the car.

Good luck, I can sympathize with how frustrating these tuners in particular can get. Spent hours trying to figure out my logging issues to end up having a defective USB cable.:bash:

Update: This did the trick! Thank you very much everyone! I didn't know the menu path to the return to stock so I didn't realize I could access it. Now I do though and the new tune was successfully loaded and car started! Thanks again!!

einehund

Established Member
Just so I'm tracking, RELOAD the car to stock, THEN update X3, THEN install new tune? asking because I am going to be doing this in the next day or two and I KNOW my tuner hasn't been plugged into anything in like 2 years, so I'm assuming there was an update.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Just so I'm tracking, RELOAD the car to stock, THEN update X3, THEN install new tune? asking because I am going to be doing this in the next day or two and I KNOW my tuner hasn't been plugged into anything in like 2 years, so I'm assuming there was an update.

Yeah, but if you haven't updated it in a REALLY long time like me the new update utility won't recognize it. Then you have to call SCT the remote connect and do some BS but I just left mine as it was. If your using Gen 2 Livelink and recognizes it, you should be able to update

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
I did the update and then reloaded the stock tune on accident. After I did the update it still had all of my tunes in it. Don't know how or why but I wasn't complaining! Lol To be safe though would return to stock, update, then reload tunes. Just to be in the safe side.

Last edited:

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
The best advice with these dinosaurs (SCT3), is if it works don't **** with it. I would like to datalog, but that requires updating the firmware. I haven't updated the unit, ever, and won't! I've read to many horror stories about it bricking the ECU.

Users who are viewing this thread