SCT Livewire ???

gt40racing

Established Member
Okay I made a quick purchase on a SCT livewire for the 03 cobra I purchased a week ago. My feedback from everyone is that the unit is trouble but I have yet to try it and just want to know the personal experiences of those on the board.

Silver o1

Let the spooling begin
Established Member
Had mine for a year and half. The screen went bad but sct replaced it. I have mine mounted on a upr tach mount.

64T-bolt

Fist Fornicator
Established Member
im sure its a good unit. sct is a good company and has always taken care of folks. i think it got a bad wrap because of the price point compared to the x-cal's and its capability in relation to the price difference (ie. it's twice the price and has only a few more features). . .i think you'll be happy with it. .

gt40racing

Established Member
The only reason I described it as trouble is because the majority of the post I searched and read seem to lead to some form of trouble. I was advised to get a X cal. At this point I think I might give it a try!

hammerhead2

Established Member
I have a friend that has been running one for about 2 years on his 04 with no issue. I have always heard good things about SCT s stuff.

cobracide

Established Member
I think the livewire can be used on a mount like a gauge but other than that I don't know..Heard of a few tech issues. The xcal2 or even 3 are way more popular. Better bang for the buck at least.

Users who are viewing this thread