SCT screws me over again...

sleepysvt98

Established Member
Dear SCT, **** YOU! **** YOU! **** YOU! Seriously, **** YOU! After all the problems this week, I ship my tuner to them to have it "unlocked." I specifically tell Jason @ SCT that I want to keep my tunes that exist on my X3. He repeats, "customer requests to keep existing tunes," in which I acknowledge that is correct. So, I had to have the services expedited for an additional $35 due to SCT closing for the Holidays after the 19th. $100 later my tuner arrives today and I'm excited to get my car back on the road. I plug in my X3 to install my tune and I get an error "no tunes available, please go to SCT for a dealer." Are you kidding me??? Closed until after the 1st, so what do I do now? I wouldn't recommend SCT to ANYONE, BEWARE of the morons working there.

truefiveo

Established Member
Dear SCT, **** YOU! **** YOU! **** YOU! Seriously, **** YOU! After all the problems this week, I ship my tuner to them to have it "unlocked." I specifically tell Jason @ SCT that I want to keep my tunes that exist on my X3. He repeats, "customer requests to keep existing tunes," in which I acknowledge that is correct. So, I had to have the services expedited for an additional $35 due to SCT closing for the Holidays after the 19th. $100 later my tuner arrives today and I'm excited to get my car back on the road. I plug in my X3 to install my tune and I get an error "no tunes available, please go to SCT for a dealer." Are you kidding me??? Closed until after the 1st, so what do I do now? I wouldn't recommend SCT to ANYONE, BEWARE of the morons working there.

Go get a real dynotune then or continue to rage when your 1990 Gameboy Unit Tuner doesnt work...:lol:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Go get a real dynotune then or continue to rage when your 1990 Gameboy Unit Tuner doesnt work...:lol:
If he had existing tunes, he probably had a dynotune on it already :kaboom:
Who locked the tuner to begin with. Therein lies the problem.

U.M.
+1
My old SCT X2 still works for my Cobra, thats where I have both of my tunes saved.

KLLR SNK

Established Member
This is a reason I always have my tuner email me a copy of my tunes. That way, if needed, they are always available to download into my handheld from my computer.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Who locked the tuner to begin with. Therein lies the problem.

U.M.

I know that for my Explorer sport it was easier to just buy a new tuner after my wife totaled the car. I tried for two months to get it unlocked from that VIN so that I could program the new Ex Sport and could never get anything done... I had many X2, X3 devices in the past with no problem but the newer devices seem to be made to force customers to buy new devices if problems or new vehicles come into play...

OP.. I feel ya...

Users who are viewing this thread