SCT Tuned, but I'm not done yet! Questions inside.

jrh99

Established Member
I installed a Metco 6lb lower, 3.5 alternator pulley, and Gates 797 belt last weekend. I got dyno tuned with the SCT 9100 yesterday.

My numbers after the 3rd pull were 451/450. There was still a little more in her but I was pegging my Mass Air meter just over 6000rpm. Is this normal? I watched it hit 5.03 on some diagnostic scanner. We stopped tuning there since it was safe and I've got a bigger meter on order.
Some are saying I shouldn't be maxing out the meter at my power level. What gives?

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I'd say your numbers are a little low to be pegging the meter. What maf are you ordering? Who is doing the tuning?

jrh99

Established Member
I'm pretty sure he's ordering me a Pro-M tuned for 55lb injectors and then making it work with my stock injectors for now. Dez Racing is doing the tuning, he thought we would be able to sqeeze by with my mods but apparently not.
What power level usually maxes the meter out?

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
Most the time the stock unit can be used up to around 500HP before you need to switch it out. Some guys have gone well into the 500HP level w/ the stocker.

jrh99

Established Member
If that's the case what could be different for me? I've got the 99/01 FIPK, BBK tb (which I ended up removing because I just don't like the feel), Bassani catback and catted X. Plus the mods listed above.

It's not that he couldn't have masked it, he said he could have. But my understanding is that my air/fuel would always be a bit erratic if we tuned over the pegging issue.

It just sounded like this was the safest way to go.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Last edited:

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Make sure you get the pro-m thats good for 700rwhp and not the 1200 rwhp meter.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
I am having the same issues, mine is pegging 5v around 6200 or so. The tuner just tuned around it or something. My a/f is definetly not erratic though. My car made 595/510 (std).
edit: that was with SCT as well.

jimh

Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I am having the same issues, mine is pegging 5v around 6200 or so. The tuner just tuned around it or something. My a/f is definetly not erratic though. My car made 595/510 (std).
edit: that was with SCT as well.

As long as he tuned around it with good air in mind you're fine. When the computer switches over to the air tables instead of the MAF, it can no longer adjust for better air. Like cold dense air as opposed to warm humid crappy air.

I'm sure you are probably well aware of this but I thought I'd throw it out there.

jim

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Is that 17psi? I hate the way JDM posts all their numbers in STD (highest) when everyone and their mother uses SAE.

I have the SCT racers package and works with AMZ2.

Last edited:

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
No Mike it's 15#'s. I know thats why I added the "(std)" it would be nice to get some sae numbers to compare. I posted the dyno yesterday, its probably like 5 or 6 pages back by now. That was on the street tune, I don't even know what the race tune is. The SCT stuff is awesome!!!!

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
You want calibration code "96cob39" NOT "96cob42C" The 1200rwhp meter has a lower resolution than the 700rwhp. Make sure dez knows what they are doing if you get the meter.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
No Mike it's 15#'s. I know thats why I added the "(std)" it would be nice to get some sae numbers to compare. I posted the dyno yesterday, its probably like 5 or 6 pages back by now. That was on the street tune, I don't even know what the race tune is. The SCT stuff is awesome!!!!

I have my base tube for QUD2 and AMZ2 built. I just need to reflash my computer. I want to do the stall reflah before I reflash my computer.

The SCT software is definately awesome. My best 15psi run has been 570/500 SAE with a diablo tune. I know it will be better with my SCT tune.

Are yo in NJ now?

Users who are viewing this thread