Sct x3 error

Nsssane1

Established Member
Anyone had this error, trying to load my new tune and cant. Device is up to date. Gets to 13% and then get this. Made me return to stock, tried several tunes I have and none load now. Tried removing battery cables for a bit but didn't help.

photo8.jpg

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I got it once. I highly suggest you cease and desist. Mine asked if I wanted to force load. I selected yes. That was a near $700 mistake! Had to get my PCM replaced because it had/has a permanent code and wouldn't pass emissions. After the PCM was replaced, the xcal3 was locked out. Had to send it in to be unlocked. Got it back, loaded tune, guess what; wiped the PCM again and now I have the persistent code again!!! P0605 Internal Module Read Only Memory (ROM) Error

I'm done with tunes now. The headaches, lost time and lost money aren't worth the handful of HP. What's sad is the damned thing worked fine until the last two firmware updates!

Nsssane1

Established Member
Yeah car been down almost 4 weeks dealing with tunes. Called Sct they said they need to remotely reflash tuner and should fix it. I hope so.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Man I feel sorry for all you guys I still have an xcal 2 I thought I was out dated. I guess I'm glad it hasn't had any issues.

Nsssane1

Established Member
Well reflashed tuner with no luck, so have to ship tuner to Sct. They are good to work with though. So car be down another week at least.:fm:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Update, I figured out the problem, I got my tune to load. Problem I have a Y adapter obd cable so I can run sct and my Aeroforce at same time because I datalog afr,boost with sct. So one last try I decided to unplug adapter and plug Sct directly into port and it took the tune. Yes. So its my fault on this one, but it had accepted a tune with both plugged in before??Oh well,lesson learned.:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread