Seafoam really does work!!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
Apparently he ran it through the fuel system but not the intake or oil. Not sure how your fuel system could seem smoother though.

Did you guys take off the whole hose on the valve cover or just disconnected part of it.....I guess what I'm trying to say is....did the valve cover have an opening in it when you sucked it up into the motor?

CY98Cobra

Established Member
No. I just pulled the hose off the pcv valve, leaving it in the valve cover. But I don't have the factory hard line to the pcv, I have a soft line that runs between it and my seperator.

97snake

Attorney at Law
Established Member
Where are u guys buying this stuff??? I went to Pep Boys and R&S Strauss today- neither has it.

97cobra$VT

97 Cobra SVT
Established Member
I want my damn smoke show.....

I know I did everything right going thru the PCV except doing it on a warm engine. Could that be the difference in why I had little smoke?
How long is appropriate to wait between treatments thru the PCV?
Can I just do it again or should I wait? I did it last weekend.

jdogwelch

Established Member
97cobra$VT said:
I know I did everything right going thru the PCV except doing it on a warm engine. Could that be the difference in why I had little smoke?
How long is appropriate to wait between treatments thru the PCV?
Can I just do it again or should I wait? I did it last weekend.

That is odd you did not get a smoke show? There is no set date on how long to wait in between, but searching this site most people say every 2k-50k from what I found. Instead of doing it again, consider going ahead and manually cleaning the IRMCs.

Edited for accuracy :bash:

Last edited:
So me and a friend did it today, half a can in each car and holy crap, it made a huge difference in his 96 GT. I mean whoa. In my car on the other hand, the first time around on mine, it didnt make too much smoke. However, we did another round on mine and it smoked like a mofo. It's a lot smoother thats for sure, but my CEL came on. I already know its code P1516 though, my IMRC's aren't opening. I need a new controller. Ill probably end up buying one after finals in 2 weeks, but I'm not too confident in doing it myself:(

97cobra$VT

97 Cobra SVT
Established Member
I got my smoke show!!!!

For those of you that haven't done it yet, dont make the same mistake I did.
You must warm your car up 1st. I did it the 1st time and the engine was cold and I had very little smoke. This time I did it after driving around with my car warmed up and holy shizzle, I got lots of smoke..... :rockon:

Svets96

Established Member
The first time I had used seafoam was in my dodge ram-brand x I know, it had 125K and man what a f'n smoke house. My truck runs a little bit better now. Seafoam is good and is worth the money.

torchred2000gt

Established Member
jlauth said:
so no one can tell me really quick where the pcv valve is on my 97 cobra
You should be able to go find it yourself "really quick". It's the pcv shaped thing on the valve cover. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread