Sean Hyland Motorsports (SHM) - Canada

TO_04Cobra

Established Member
Has anyone purchased items from SHM in Canada before or had any mods done to their cars in the past? How do you rate their prices and service? Do they install as well?

I live 1.5 hrs from them (Toronto) and am considering using them to do my first mods. Thx...

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Originally posted by TO_04Cobra
.......and am considering using them to do my first mods.......

:nono: Consider someone else.

SinisterX

Makin ALL KINDS of gains
Established Member
They are very expensive, they only dyno tune to products they sell.
They do however know there shit.

ModsAway

Established Member
I have heard many horror stories and bad reviews about SHM...

My only personal experience is their prices are second to none... meaning their prices are WAY ABOVE everyone elses. :kaboom:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
99% of what they sell can be had elsewhere for cheaper, and cheaper shipping too [no customs brokerage fee]. They make nothing themselves. Do I sound like I found that out the hard way?

I've read enough threads about people buying SHM engines and having things like 31 of 32 cam followers installed that I would never buy one from them.

They're going for snob appeal and I'm not buying into it.

Bobrammer

Established Member
I've tried to contact them twice. Once it took 7 - 10 days to get back with a price. I already HAD my Magnaflows by the time they got me a price! The second time I never heard from them at all.
Me thinks they are a little too laid back. Maybe too many stars in their eyes!! LOL!

Johnny Random

SVT Monster
Established Member
Call and check their prices compared to other splaces for parts and installs. Sounds like they may not get back with you any time soon.

TO_04Cobra

Established Member
Thanks everyone for your input. My assessment is that most appear to be negative regarding their SHM experience. I will have to consider them more carefully before using them. Any other Toronto area shops out there (have the steeda.ca so far)?

Hy_Dro

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Steeda.ca - Fairly new, No personal experience thier yet, but if you log on to the Greater Toronto Area Mustang Club (gtamc.com) you'll see alot of happy customers who recently got work/tunes done there.

DaSilva Racing - Great shop, great bunch of guys. Any work I've had done there has been top notch, but they're lacking in the tuning dept. IMO.

Personally, I crossed the border and had a majority of my work done in Michigan.

cobracory

Established Member
I am in Toronto... all the stuff I have done on my car has been at Steeda.ca in Brampton. Prices and customer service is excellent.

I have had to make arrangements to meet someone at
their shop after hours to pick up my vehicle, on two occasions, and it wasn't a problem. I am not handy when it comes to working on the car, so the stuff is installed by their mechanics. Also excellent. It is as if the mechanic was working on his own car. No problems at all in my dealings.

As Hy_Dro mentioned, check out www.gtamc.com and you can find out more about them. A few members there have had quite a lot done from them and all have had excellent experiences.

TO_04Cobra, where about are you in TO?
Check out www.gtamc.com and svtoa-toronto.ca if you want. :)

Last edited:

ModsAway

Established Member
DaSilva Racing in Toronto is quite good as well, no complaints here.

Dasilvaracing.com

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Originally posted by ModsAway

My only personal experience is their prices are second to none... meaning their prices are WAY ABOVE everyone elses. :kaboom: [/B]

I TOTALLY disagree....their prices ARE second to....... Paul's High (priced) Performance....show some respect to the PRICE leader:)

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Funny, I have had both bad experiences with SHM and PHP

I pray to god when we start my new motor I don't have the same problem with my oil pump gear I got from SHM. The one I over paid for and waited for for like 3-4 months.

Screw PHP, they tried to rip me off by charging my credit card double what I agreed too, then sent me parts I never ordered. I returned the parts at my own expense and they charged me a 20% restocking fee on the items I never ordered.

They were very rude on the phone, and insisted I was wrong and it was my problem. I got kicked off of the old modular fords for making a post about this.

I had to report fraud with my c\c comapny to get my money back.

Never again will I do bussiness with PHP or SHM,

nor will any of my buddy's & friends.

Users who are viewing this thread