Searching for a Sonic Blue

PC03GT

Established Member
I agree to that. Since it’s in NC, and it’s winter and snowing a lot. I’m hoping I can get them to come down to a realistic number. Granted I know Sonic Blue’s are hard to come by. However the mileage is a bit high for the price. I don’t personally mind the mileage because I’d drive it. Any thoughts on what I should offer? I’d be purchasing this car cash.
I wouldn't offer anything higher than lower to mid 20s in my opinion. I don't know if it's that youtube video or the actual car, but the paint looks like the car sat outside for most of its life.

LS WUT

Established Member
I wouldn't offer anything higher than lower to mid 20s in my opinion. I don't know if it's that youtube video or the actual car, but the paint looks like the car sat outside for most of its life.
Okay, thankfully it’s not just me. I thought the Blue looked a bit dull to me. Another member posted his in another section, and it looks astonishing. Let me see if I can find it.

LS WUT

Established Member
3AE44A46-5E8A-4620-B4B0-7BD41088CACD.jpeg

LS WUT

Established Member
Question is what is the paint like under the wrap??
What’s exactly what I asked in the next text. I said it wouldn’t make sense to wrap a unique color car another form of “blue” unless the paint underneath isn’t the best. Not for $30k would I take that kinda gamble.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
I knew something was off with the paint. A crappy re-spray or wrap. Definitely pass unless you can get it for a steal. Even then, paint could be pretty bad under the wrap.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
here is my sonic blue when my buddy still owned it before he sold it to me. he took great care of it and the paint was very deep and vibrant

edit: i will say one thing about the paint though, being a metallic flake it is sort of "fragile" and will chip pretty easily - at least i've noticed it chips more easily than my competition orange, which seems like a much more durable and harder enamel paint.

Tony's cobra 2.jpg

Tony's cobra 1.jpg

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
here is my sonic blue when my buddy still owned it before he sold it to me. he took great care of it and the paint was very deep and vibrant

edit: i will say one thing about the paint though, being a metallic flake it is sort of "fragile" and will chip pretty easily - at least i've noticed it chips more easily than my competition orange, which seems like a much more durable and harder enamel paint.

View attachment 1735545

View attachment 1735546
Beautiful car. Hopefully someday I’ll get my hands on one.

CJHAMIL

Pew Professional
Established Member

View attachment 1735545

View attachment 1735546
That's the exact reason that I'm going to have mine repainted and have a lot of high quality clear sprayed on.

phils04gt

Established Member
That same dealer with wrapped sonic blue listed an oxford white 03 with 83k miles on it. 5 owner car, drilled bumper. Can be had for $29,999.

LS WUT

Established Member
Indeed. Gotta love it. As has been stated many times now. A car can be posted for whatever someone chooses. What they get will always vary. I’ve seen members post their 2003 OW with 60k miles for $29,500. Even this dealer itself with 82k miles for $29,999. Always makes me wonder why the only offers I get tend to be $30k or less, with the exception of one member. I’d understand if my car was not garage kept, had excessive wear on it, or just flat out had many flaws.

Users who are viewing this thread