Second mid year price increase in 2 months

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
If you placed an order on a 2022 F150, received the pricing info based on MSRP at the time of the order, but do not have a VIN or build date yet, will this increase apply to the order or will the price remain locked back to the date of the order?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Obviously Nick will correct me if I’m wrong. But IIRC there was a price increase between the time my dealer put my order into the Ford system and time it was delivered. Again, IIRC I paid the price of the time I ordered.

J.Rovirosa

Established Member
Fortunate enough not to *need* to buy anything for a long time, so I'm just going to wait this out. Was looking at SS 1LE's recently just to have a new toy to play with and the dealership I've been talking to won't budge off the 5k markup. No doubt they'll sell it for that, just not to me.

03 MG VERT

Established Member
Obviously Nick will correct me if I’m wrong. But IIRC there was a price increase between the time my dealer put my order into the Ford system and time it was delivered. Again, IIRC I paid the price of the time I ordered.

Thank you for the info. Was your purchase recent, ie after the car market gone wild? I currently have an order in (late Dec after price increase) and someone who purchased from the same dealer prior to the December hike has posted that their order will have the price increase and that he’ll have to pay it. Now that there’s another increase coming, I’m monitoring as this may or may not effect me directly.

I’ve heard some dealers will honor the price at order, although they aren’t required to, then seek a credit from Ford directly to be made whole. Also heard other dealers state the credit process from Ford is too bothersome and the customer pays the increase. Being such a sellers market right now, why wouldn’t a dealer include the price increase and if the ordering customer doesn’t buy, someone else will at MSRP or higher. And if sold at the higher price, could the dealer still request a credit from Ford anyway and make the sale even more profitable?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you for the info. Was your purchase recent, ie after the car market gone wild? I currently have an order in (late Dec after price increase) and someone who purchased from the same dealer prior to the December hike has posted that their order will have the price increase and that he’ll have to pay it. Now that there’s another increase coming, I’m monitoring as this may or may not effect me directly.

I’ve heard some dealers will honor the price at order, although they aren’t required to, then seek a credit from Ford directly to be made whole. Also heard other dealers state the credit process from Ford is too bothersome and the customer pays the increase. Being such a sellers market right now, why wouldn’t a dealer include the price increase and if the ordering customer doesn’t buy, someone else will at MSRP or higher. And if sold at the higher price, could the dealer still request a credit from Ford anyway and make the sale even more profitable?

The dealer would be a complete idiot to not honor it.

As long as the order is submitted, it's price protected. When it comes in, it will show the price increase on the window sticker, but the dealer can honor the original price and apply for price protection through Ford and its like the price hike never happened.

Sent from my Potato

03 MG VERT

Established Member
The dealer would be a complete idiot to not honor it.

As long as the order is submitted, it's price protected. When it comes in, it will show the price increase on the window sticker, but the dealer can honor the original price and apply for price protection through Ford and its like the price hike never happened.

Sent from my Potato

Thank you sir for your insight from the dealers perspective. I hope this dealership shares your logic in the end. I’m following the situation to see how this plays out with the other buyer once his truck is delivered.

This particular dealership took quite a lot of orders on F150 Tremors by offering invoice minus 4%. I’m only 20 minutes from them and couldn’t resist considering the current market.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you sir for your insight from the dealers perspective. I hope this dealership shares your logic in the end. I’m following the situation to see how this plays out with the other buyer once his truck is delivered.

This particular dealership took quite a lot of orders on F150 Tremors by offering invoice minus 4%. I’m only 20 minutes from them and couldn’t resist considering the current market.

Why not just call and verify with them?

Sent from my Potato

03 MG VERT

Established Member
Why not just call and verify with them?

Sent from my Potato

I’ve only received my order confirmation from Ford. No VIN, build date or anything else yet. I was just going to see how the other guy’s experience unfolds before I call and start being a pain in the ass as he is further along in the process.

Other guy is posting emailed responses from dealership employees when he asked about the increase in a Tremor forum. One reply did say the dealership cannot truly invoice a vehicle until after it is physically built and if the price increases by that point, the dealer would honor the deal (invoice minus 4%) but it may be on a higher invoice price. The price provided by the dealer at the time of order is not guaranteed as it is not an official “invoice.”

csm1320

Established Member
How are prices on big gay raptors looking? Any word on the phizer trim, dildo powered mustang lgbtqratuv yet?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I’ve only received my order confirmation from Ford. No VIN, build date or anything else yet. I was just going to see how the other guy’s experience unfolds before I call and start being a pain in the ass as he is further along in the process.

Other guy is posting emailed responses from dealership employees when he asked about the increase in a Tremor forum. One reply did say the dealership cannot truly invoice a vehicle until after it is physically built and if the price increases by that point, the dealer would honor the deal (invoice minus 4%) but it may be on a higher invoice price. The price provided by the dealer at the time of order is not guaranteed as it is not an official “invoice.”

Whomever is saying that from a dealership, is 100% wrong.

The day it's ordered, it shows an invoice cost and the MSRP.

When it comes in, the actual invoice/MSRP from Ford could be higher, depending on price increases.

The original invoice cost shown on the order the day of ordering is PRICE PROTECTED. If the dealership chooses to not honor the original ordered invoice they're jerks and are either unwilling to apply for price protection, which is dumb because they'll make the same money regardless....OR they're showing you the new invoice cost (higher) basing the sales price off of that and then claiming price protection with Ford and making more money.

Either way, they're jerks and I wouldn't do business with them.

Sent from my Potato

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread