Self ported blower pic's and numbers

yellowgt02

Established Member
Well Im going with a Accufab Plenum and Single Blade pretty quick here....So Ill port match it once I get everything.

Sorry for the mistaken Identity...It was prodsvt's eaton that is picture.

-Jason

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Posi,

Are you talking about this area can be taken out more on Prodsvt's Eaton?

How much of a difference will it make in this area?

Ill have to look on mine and see how far Justin "IronFist" went in. Maybe that might be a winter project..I dont feel like takin it all apart at the beginning of the season.

Well Im going with a Accufab Plenum and Single Blade pretty quick here....So Ill port match it once I get everything.

Sorry for the mistaken Identity...It was prodsvt's eaton that is picture.

-Jason

If it's his that's pictured there's nothing wrong with the port. Or at least he tried to sell it that way. I'm not answering any questions for a scam artist or anyone crooked in general.

Here's the thread that got him banned about this exact blower.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...4-03-04-cobra-mustang-ported-blower-sale.html

So you bought that Eaton or you know the guy because I can't figure it out.

Last edited:

yellowgt02

Established Member
So you bought that Eaton or you know the guy because I can't figure it out.

No I did not buy that Eaton, I have IronFist's ported one. I was just wondering if I took mine out at the end of the year, would I gain anything from porting more on the inlet side of the blower, such as the area that in the picture that I posted.

-Jason

RussZTT

Established Member
No I did not buy that Eaton, I have IronFist's ported one. I was just wondering if I took mine out at the end of the year, would I gain anything from porting more on the inlet side of the blower, such as the area that in the picture that I posted.

-Jason
If yours looks like the above picture then yes, you will gain. The one posted above looks just polished and no aluminum was removed.

Last edited:

Iron Fist

Established Member

-Jason

Jason,

This is a pic of your inlet. I port matched it to the gasket and then blended it in.
100_4109.jpg

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member

-Jason

Good and you lost me with the comparison pictures.

yellowgt02

Established Member
Thanks Justin...I couldnt find the pic of the inlet.

So If I take it apart, I can gain a bit from taking out where the EGR comes in?

-Jason

RussZTT

Established Member
Uh oh this could get good. How much lead in and roof work did you do? Spend a bunch of time in those areas.;-)
Actually, I didn't touch the roof. I didn't see where I could take any aluminum off that would help? I can polish it some :shrug: I can send you pics of what I have now.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Actually, I didn't touch the roof. I didn't see where I could take any aluminum off that would help? I can polish it some :shrug: I can send you pics of what I have now.

The transition from the roof to the Rotor bore can be worked on a little. You can actually use a cutter but don't get carried away. Then the middle point can be cut on also. Then sand and you're finished.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
The transition from the roof to the Rotor bore can be worked on a little. You can actually use a cutter but don't get carried away. Then the middle point can be cut on also. Then sand and you're finished.

Raceport032.jpg
hmm, I'll check that out :beer: I seen where you lowered the floor where the rotors sit on the edges, I didn't think there was enough metal there to do that? I was actually going to add materiel to the floor underneath before he welded the plate so I could lower the floor way more. But after talking with him we didn't want to risk over heating the bearings.

RussZTT

Established Member
I've yet to break through anywhere on the floor. Can't believe it either.
I'm pretty close, I am worried about one part though, I am pretty close to the top of the bearing. I hope I didn't grind to much away. :cryying:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Any Aluminum past the horizontal centerline of the bearing is still holding it in place. So you should have plenty left.

AaronK

Established Member
Good news, I finished mine last night. It was WAY easier than I thought it would be. The cutter (aluma burr) that I got from the snap-on truck was AMAZING! I probably paid a little more than I should have ($48) but it sure did work. All of the cutting took me maybe 2 hours. The sanding took a solid hour after that and I may go back in there with another flapper again this weekend.

I have a few questions though. What do you use to seal the front part of the blower back to the case? The rotor part. Also, is there anything you have to do to the rotors themselves? Mine has some rotor wear on them but they don't look like anything out of the norm. Where can I get grease for the rear bearings (that blue grease?) I'll try to post up pictures on here later today or tomorrow to see what you guys think.

Two things I didn't do, I didn't port the "lead-ins" lower (the corners next to the bearings) mainly because I couldn't reach them. It was hard enough flatting out the part above the bearings lol. The other thing was I didn't port the part on the front porting of the blower (the part with the rotors attached) I was REALLY worried about the burr getting away from me and hitting a rotor. Do you think it'll still make decent power without me porting these two areas?

Oh, and HUGE thanks to Posi (Brian) for this thread and everything else he’s helped me with. I wouldn’t have even considered doing this myself without his help. Thanks Brian :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread