selling a car

slow poke

Established Member
I was just messing with 13cobra because he started using caps and big font lol.

Its a gt termi swap, havent ever floored it and havent even put a full tank of gas through it, modded it before i even drove it and know want nothing to do with it.

This was is my first performance car, I put a few g's into it and did everything myself, lots of work. Im even tuning it myself with PRP but am having issues with the wideband reading correctly and can't locate the answers. I told myself no more money on this thing

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Its a gt termi swap, havent ever floored it and havent even put a full tank of gas through it, modded it before i even drove it and know want nothing to do with it.

This was is my first performance car, I put a few g's into it and did everything myself, lots of work. Im even tuning it myself with PRP but am having issues with the wideband reading correctly and can't locate the answers. I told myself no more money on this thing

:bs:

slow poke

Established Member
Its the truth, the guy I bought it from floored it on the test drive for me when I asked him to but I have not, I started modding it from day one like an idiot. Porting this porting that adding lower pulley blah blah

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
A car like that, you'd have the best luck selling it on here. Post up, then include a link in this thread.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

If you are tuning yourself you would have had to gone WOT at least once through 3rd gear for a full gear pull (imitating a dyno pull but with real-world conditions) to get a proper datalog.

Have you calibrated the wideband?

Dont sell it because, unless you bought the actual car at an auction for incredibly low, you wont get much more than GT pricing for it. Unless im reading it wrong and you already bought it with the swap.

slow poke

Established Member
It untuned at this point, still setting everything up and the wideband is holding me up, so no I never WOT it or have even been above 3500rpm

I bought it with the swap

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Oh dear Lord, here we go again...

The last time I was ignored this bad was when my babysitter had me locked in a closet while she made out with her boyfriend.

slow poke

Established Member
Not ignoring, just tryin on the phone so it delays. I have a CL ad up for 13k. I know know too much, but I put so much time in and that's a only fraction of the mod money spent

slow poke

Established Member
Im not hurting for the money but being in PT And working fulltime im not getting any time with it and always feel rushed. It was the wrong time fornme to get this

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
You wont ever recoup mod money on a car like this.

Its a GT with a motor swap. Its not an 03/04 Cobra, so asking $13k when people can spend an extra $2k and get a real cobra (and likely get a loan for it too at that point since good luck financing $13k on a GT) likely with less mileage is very optimistic.

The first person to offer you $10k, take it.

slow poke

Established Member
I was figuring that would be the case. I told myself im not allowed to have another performance car unless I sell this one and I dont think I would let it go for that so im going to leave the ad up and just sit on it for however long. Hey, it may never sell that would save me money in the long run though as I would never get another car like this.

I dont have interest in this thing so sit will

Oh well, im learning a lot from this stupid decision!

nxhappy

Established Member
craigslist is still the best. BUT here is what you need to do:

1)post in 5-6 large cities that are in the area (within 500 miles)
2)post every day if u can, to keep it at the top
3) put symbols in your title
4)make sure if you want cash only, say "no trades". you will get some crazy ass trade offers.

skwerl

Banned
If you want to get your money out of it then part it out and peddle the parts on a few Mustang forums where you have a good reputation as a seller.

Back in April I totaled my '09 Bullitt. I had way too much money in it ($70K :beer: ) and insurance only priced it as if it was stock. I bought it back from the insurance company and parted it out. Had 90% of it sold in 2-3 weeks and ended up getting about $35K out of it (including selling the trailer, race wheels, etc). I couldn't have sold it for that much before I wrecked it.

slow poke

Established Member
Thanks, I will do that on Craiglist, I hadn't thought about going about it like that.

I hear you on the part out but that wouldn't be able to happen for about a year so that is the last option

Users who are viewing this thread