Sent a GTO home with tail between legs

shortydoo313

Established Member
So this young kid I work with has been telling everyone his 05 GTO has between 480 and 505hp, and that he has an LS2 block with LS3 heads and cams. It supposedly had ran 11.9 ant 135 and the track. All i know for sure is that it has no mufflers, an Auto and maybe a cam, and 20"s. Anyway coming home from this meeting I was at, me and him are on the freeway and he slows up on me, I figure time to see wat this crazy loud thing is all about. we drop to 45 im in 2nd and hit it. I hear his start yelling for dear life but i still pull a car on him. I try to go in 3rd and its a pain to get it in but i keep that car length on him.
2nd time same gear and speed i yank the same on hime this time i hit 3rd and just pull like he's not there to about 4-5 cars, we did a 3rd pull with the same result as the 2nd. Now he wants to figure out how to either drop weight in his car or get something else. :burn:

Not sure the exact HP in mine but my best guess is about 430-450 and he thinks im lying about it lol, gotta love being underestimated

OKCBLOWN3V

Established Member
Nice kill. Sweet car and setup. I wish I still had my termi...OP how do those nittos 555rs hook in the street with your power

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Good kill. Being an actual enthusiast and owning several different brands of sports cars, imports included helps with clowns like this. I can tell what heads they have on the car by looking at the casting # stamped on them with LSx cars as I have owned a few. LSx guys love to tell stories about actual mods, particularly younger ones.

Also had 2 GTO ranging in power from 465-625rwhp so they are not all slow. :lol1: Also running 20's he has a very narrow tire and is not lowered much if so. Anything below stock height and a 275 on an 18 will rub without cutting the fenders. They are very limited in that aspect.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
You mean holy shit his mouth is moving...
even with his claimed horsepower (which sounds inflated) I'd be surprised to see him trap 125...

Considering OP's car traps probably 117-119 at most with his mods, it's safe to say the GTO was nothing more than a Bolton car if he beat him by that much. I didn't want to rain on anyone's parade though.

Even with LS3 heads, the LS3 cam is not an upgrade over the LS2 cam. Basically similar specs. He had a 360-370rwhp car with those mods, probably less through an auto. GTO owner is clueless and just running his mouth.

Last edited:

Willens

Never finishes anythi
Established Member
A full BPU and cammed 6.0 Goat is nothing to scoff at. While clearly this gentleman's car was not as-advertised, I don't sleep on lumpy loud GTO's. That 6.0 is a freak of nature when turbocharged to boot. Seen quite a few.

Nice work.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
A full BPU and cammed 6.0 Goat is nothing to scoff at. While clearly this gentleman's car was not as-advertised, I don't sleep on lumpy loud GTO's. That 6.0 is a freak of nature when turbocharged to boot. Seen quite a few.

Nice work.

My H/C/I LS2 GTO made 465 with budget heads and 3.91 gears. My Turbo car made 625rwhp on a stock shortblock with a Turbonetics GTK1000. They only weigh 75lbs more than a 03/04 Cobra too and reducing weight is very easy on them.

Willens

Never finishes anythi
Established Member
My H/C/I LS2 GTO made 465 with budget heads and 3.91 gears. My Turbo car made 625rwhp on a stock shortblock with a Turbonetics GTK1000. They only weigh 75lbs more than a 03/04 Cobra too and reducing weight is very easy on them.

Yep, I'm familiar with them. I wanted to get one for a bit but wasn't going to happen over a Terminator. Supra is next to add to the collection, or a Gen 2 Viper. I don't know if I'll ever get around to one, but they are neat cars.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
I ran 11.88 at 118 with an all stock motor but for long tubes and a c/a with a 100 shot. Mine was m6 also which in those cars slows it down a bit.

The next time I tried the GTO was stock motor with twins. She made 670 on 9lbs. Car went 10.80s with the m6. They can be made to run!

shortydoo313

Established Member

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
I ran 11.88 at 118 with an all stock motor but for long tubes and a c/a with a 100 shot. Mine was m6 also which in those cars slows it down a bit.

The next time I tried the GTO was stock motor with twins. She made 670 on 9lbs. Car went 10.80s with the m6. They can be made to run!

I still wonder why in the hell Pontiac put that long of a throw shifter in those cars. I was extremely close to buying a cammed 06 GTO, when I drove it the thing pulled damn hard but man that shifter... That would have been gone in the first week. It was ridiculously long.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Good kill and I know the type of person you're talking about. He won't rest until he has the fastest car in the company and then when THAT car gets beat he'll get something else. It's never about the love of cars it's about running their mouth.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread