Sept 7th...RICE vs. AMERICAN MUSCLE

Gambinotdx

Established Member
is anyone going to be racing in this? it's september 7th at englishtown! i just don't want to be outnumbered by ricers! so if anyone can join in on the @$$whoopin that'd be awesome! hope to see you all there. :thumbsup:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Hummm.

Jon, lets discuss this, maybe we can set up a meeting place and such, even caravan over.

Hulk

Gambinotdx

Established Member
adam that sounds good. i think i'm going to be in a caravan with my car club (Central Jersey Mustangs and Fords) but if you want to meet up with us i'm sure that'd be even better! i'm not sure we're all meeting up beforehand but it's likely. if they want to meet up by route 18 would you want to meet up so we can all roll in and scare the $h!t out of those ricers? i also had a question for you...i had a stage 1 Lightning kit installed by JDM. the truck pulls GREAT now. i took it to island dragway and only ran a best of 13.678. granted it was around 97 degrees and humid but i figured i'd do a little better. then someone told me that it's 548 feet above sea level...so does this time sound ok? after i did the calculation considering the altitude it said i should have ran a 13.2 at sea level. but i don't know if it makes THAT much of a difference. truck pulls unbelievably though!

99 SVT bolt - comin from queens? maybe you could meet up with us as well! we'll be the biggest caravan of Ford muscle ever to roll into E-town at once! hehe

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Jon, I would meet up with you guys to caravan in.

But for purposes of traffic lights and such, to make a good showing, they should probably "stage' really close to E-Town, then everyone will be in a row. Just a suggestion.

With the 97 degrees and the humidity we have been having, that isnt such a bad run, especially without a pulley. The 548 above Sea Level has a little to do with it. But E-Town isnt at sea level either. It probably has a 200 Ft elevation or so. I bet it has more to do with the humidity and such. Plus how hot was the truck when you ran it? Did you drive to Island and then run soon after. A hot truck will also add to your times.

Good Luck

Hulk

Gambinotdx

Established Member
Hulk - yeah i had let it sit for about 20 minutes before i ran it. the first two runs were a 13.78 and 13.74. the third run (when i really warmed up the tires) landed me a 13.678. i was told e-town is less than 100 ft above sea level. not sure how accurate that is.

as far as the 7th is concerned...we'll meet up on 18 and then right before we get into the track we'll pull over and make sure we have everyone...so we can all pull in at once. i just hope i can get a good amount of Ls to show up. i'm in the CJMF club and it's mostly mustangs. i'm one of 3 Ls in it and dan doesn't race his cause he modded it for auto X. so it's me and captainoblivious hehe i hope he races that day! we'll see...PETE! RACE WITH ME BROTHER! hehe

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Originally posted by Gambinotdx
...PETE! RACE WITH ME BROTHER! hehe
Well if you put it that way :burnout: Like I said, I'll mark my calender.

...i had a stage 1 Lightning kit installed by JDM. the truck pulls GREAT now. i took it to island dragway and only ran a best of 13.678. granted it was around 97 degrees and humid but i figured i'd do a little better.
NJ WEATHER SUCKS!!!!

Okay my horror story, last year I ran a best of 13.00. Last friday I ran a best of 13.46, and that was with better shocks, new airfilter kit, LT and full exhaust, and a newer chip program. E-town was poorly prepped and weather was:

92º temp
52% humidity
29.02 barometer

Every one, except the 17+ sec rockets were saying how they were running everywhere from .5 to over 1 second off there normal time.

If it is not humid and cooler out by the time I get of work tonight, I'm going back up to E-town. If the weather is gonna suck, I'm taking my butt daily driver car shopping.

Peter

99 SVT Bolt

Established Member
That would be cool if Peter is able to make this event. I haven't seen him run since the exhaust blew off. Jon, if you convince Dan to come and race it would be even better. I've raced with him a few times in auto-x but never down the 1320.

captainoblivious

Slow Vehicles in Training
Established Member
Originally posted by 99 SVT Bolt
... I haven't seen him run since the exhaust blew off. Jon, if you convince
I'm never gonna live that down, am I:shrug:

Dan to come and race it would be even better. I've raced with him a few times in auto-x but never down the 1320.
I don't think anyone has seen Dan race. He showed for Fords at E-town last year, but I don't think he ran.

Well see everyone there. :burnout:

99 SVT Bolt

Established Member
246-1230-30184.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread