Sequencing of multiple parts/installs? - Whipple 2.9/return fuel/etc.

hatchke

Established Member
So i've gotten a pretty serious group of parts all in over the week and trying to figure out a sequence of events that would allow me to test things along the way without just going ALL of it as once in a big bang approach. So many variables and see that being hard to troubleshoot.

- Whipple 2.9
- JLT high boost w/ SCT BA3000
- Accufab SBTB
- Long tubes
- LP budget plus return fuel setup
- LP head cooling mod
- FRPP 80lbs

Currently the car is all setup as 26-spline, running well, etc. I just don't know if i'm missing some sort of order that I could sequence these to make my life a little easier?

First thought is obviously do the long tubes first, ensure no leaks/problems. Then... I don't know?

- Should I do the Whipple first, make sure I understand the routing of everything (mod the stock rail or whatever I need to do for clearance) is correct? Seems like I could at least get it to start and idle if i'm using the stock stock MAF and JLT rai intake I have, just to make sure it functions.

- Then i'd be immediately taking it back off and doing all of the fuel setup, putting the whipple back on and then getting some sort of base tune to get it to run enough to make it to a tuner?

- Am I being logical here or just being a big baby that's afraid of making too many changes at once?

01yellercobra

Established Member
Do it all at once. You'll definitely want to do the Whipple and fuel system together. Which means tuning. Swapping between MAFs means tuning. Just take your time and do it all together then get it all tuned as a system. Your set up is pretty common and any good tuner will spot any issues right away. But if you take your time you shouldn't have any issues.

Brian Kuntzman

Terminator_mk6
Established Member
Personally I am doing my fuel system at the same time as doing my whipple like last time. While its not hard to take the blower off it still sucks to do and with the whipples fitting the rails under is a pain so you have to essentially assemble the whole lower intake, injectors, and rails and then put it on. Easier imo to do it once and be done.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
would def recommend doing the fuel system at the same time. feel free to hit me with any questions or help with it

03' White Snake

Established Member
Also, You will have a lot more access to do the head cooling mod with the blower off.

Like stated above, assemble blower and fuel rails, injectors off the car, drop it back into place as one assembly.

Install everything and have it tuned. Don't do it in steps, would be a waste of money on tuning.

hatchke

Established Member
ok awesome, I really appreciate the responses and really backs up what I was thinking. I'll just take it slow and do the whole thing at once. I got a little overwhelmed looking at ALL the parts I got in yesterday.

The whole fueling system, the 2.9, sbtb, intake, maf all in a day. I'm quite competent but I had some second thoughts and wanted to see if any sort of chunking up the work made sense.

Thanks all

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Agreed, do it all at once. A proper catch can setup for the driver side is also important when getting stupid with boost.

Users who are viewing this thread