SERIOUS DISCUSSION: Universal Minimum Income

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
The people who accept such funds are called Dolists and it doesn't end well.

6.0GTO

Established Member
I am the devil himself. The company I work for designs and builds manufacturing automation. I install and program the robots and send $8.00/hr Jimmy packing. It also creates higher skilled higher paying jobs. Floor automation techs is a great field that is always needed.

Customers will run press and automation as fast as the robot will run. 24/7. Things break. Things wear out. Now I am back in the plant for repair and maintenance. Maybe a retro fit for a different part to handle. It never ends. jobs are also created.

Providing lazy people an incentive to not work. Yeah I'll pass on that. They can sink or swim on their own.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Even if it was feasible, the 1% will never go along with it.

I think once technology reaches the point that middle class labor is not longer profitable... the will be a massive' natural disaster' that take the lives of thousands of the poor.

Last edited:

96 cobra

Established Member
Seriously, it is about damn time we let survival of the fittest kill off the unfit. Those who can will adapt, those who can't need to starve until they figure it out or die. Why do we have billions of useless people on this planet?

Those times may be over, e.g. the opening scene from Idiocracy...

Klay

Established Member
Well for one, like all things, the money for this has to come from SOMEWHERE. Where will the government get the money to pay for this universal minimum wage? Especially with less people working and thus, paying less in taxes.

This is the equivalent of giving everyone welfare. It already is causing issues at its current rate, I can't even fathom how it can work across the whole US population.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Someone has been reading Rainmakers posts, lol.

I've seen enough greed in this world with my own eyes that nothing seems unimaginable.

I don't see the wealthy saying 'we have it all, let's share with the less fortunate'
I can easily picture the wealthy using extreme measures to make sure their fortunate is protected.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
I've seen enough greed in this world with my own eyes that nothing seems unimaginable.

I don't see the wealthy saying 'we have it all, let's share with the less fortunate'
I can easily picture the wealthy using extreme measures to make sure their fortunate is protected.
But you said a natural disaster, are the 1% hoarding a tornado machine?

pwrshft99

Established Member
Well for one, like all things, the money for this has to come from SOMEWHERE. Where will the government get the money to pay for this universal minimum wage? Especially with less people working and thus, paying less in taxes.

This is the equivalent of giving everyone welfare. It already is causing issues at its current rate, I can't even fathom how it can work across the whole US population.

I'm no expert but in theory, a big part of the money comes from eliminating current government hand outs. No welfare, just a straight cash payout monthly.

You can also add a tax to corporations. 1% tax on all US companies, 2% taxes on all foreign companies that wish to do business in the US.

pwrshft99

Established Member
But you said a natural disaster, are the 1% hoarding a tornado machine?

You minimize the chance of an uprising if you can kill people and shift the blame. I usually don't go full time tin foil, but I've read enough about things our government has done in the past... And these were just the things that got leaked.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
You minimize the chance of an uprising if you can kill people and shift the blame. I usually don't go full time tin foil, but I've read enough about things our government has done in the past... And these were just the things that got leaked.

Lol do explain!

nxhappy

Established Member
robots still need to be built and maintained by humans.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
So I think the issue at hand is you don't understand what a natural disaster is...but can predict the future "rebellion". Mmmkay

pwrshft99

Established Member
So I think the issue at hand is you don't understand what a natural disaster is...but can predict the future "rebellion". Mmmkay

The issue at hand is greed controls the world. The ones that hold the key to the door surely ain't letting the rest of us in...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I'm no expert but in theory, a big part of the money comes from eliminating current government hand outs. No welfare, just a straight cash payout monthly.

You can also add a tax to corporations. 1% tax on all US companies, 2% taxes on all foreign companies that wish to do business in the US.

So you're eliminating one type of welfare for another?

How long before the people who don't work decide their stipend is not enough?

Why the hell should any corporation be taxed for such a ridiculous program.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
The issue at hand is greed controls the world. The ones that hold the key to the door surely ain't letting the rest of us in...
They won't let us in because they'll attack us with earthquakes and tornadoes like Captain Planet?

@treynor

You're a 1%er, you got some sharknadoes you're going to unleash on us small folk?

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Build and maintain your own door.

Do you have any idea of the thought and ideology with which America was Founded?

Stop asking for someone to hold your hand for you and create/live your own destiny.

America, while flawed, is the freest, richest, most exceptional county in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD. Read that again.

Only YOU are in control of you here. No one else. Period.

pwrshft99

Established Member
They won't let us in because they'll attack us with earthquakes and tornadoes like Captain Planet?

@treynor

You're a 1%er, you got some sharknadoes you're going to unleash on us small folk?

We can disagree but I'd stand by my point that those in power will do anything to keep that power.

Earthquake and tornado machines?? I never claimed that but there has certainly been research on how to cause such events. I have no doubt there are weapons out there that are unimaginable.

You can't morally wage war on poor people, but when something terrible happens to them... **** it.

Users who are viewing this thread