SH!T I just added leaded race gas, am I ok??

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Drain it and start over. You will kill your o2 sensors, cats, and a few other expensive goodies.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Uhhh...OOPS.

Flat bed it somewhere where Ford won't know and have them put in a new set of cats and 02 sensors to start, after draining the tank.

Drive it and then see what else craps out. I'd pay up for my AAA subscription if I were you.

Expensive mistake. Bet you won't do THAT again. :thumbsup:

04TRCobra

KING
Established Member
I added 32oz. of Torco race fuel to 10 gallons of 93 octane (107octane) today and drove around for 40miles.....once i got it warmed up...the car felt very nice under hard accel.!!!!

but my fuel additive was unleaded....unlike yours!!!! you might be in trouble!

DEFYANT

Adm!nistrate This.....
Established Member
Dump it, drive it and see if anything breaks. You may get lucky.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
I wouldn't worry either. A few gallons aren't enough to damage anything I dont think. Just dont make it a habit..lol

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
A little lead now and again isn't going to kill yah. If anything it will give you an excuse to replace the cat pipes if you haven't done so already. :beer:

drohan8592

Established Member
unplug all your 02 sensors and drive the car with a check engine light. then refill with pump gas. this should work.

hoofbeat

Established Member
Originally posted by sambandit
I wouldn't worry either. A few gallons aren't enough to damage anything I dont think. Just dont make it a habit..lol
:beer: I agree,not that bjg a deal one time. You still had about 12 gal. of unleaded in your tank. You already drove 70 miles go fill the tank up with the reg gas you use and dilute it even more. Just don,t do it again.

ilumo

Master of going off topic
Established Member
Originally posted by drohan8592
unplug all your 02 sensors and drive the car with a check engine light. then refill with pump gas. this should work.

NO offense, but thats a stupid suggestion. Please don't follow that. You are aware, if you take out your o2 sensors, that your car will run like shit anyway, and probably go into some limp home mode, and run super rich and eff up your car more than if you just ran the normal leaded fuel.

NiteMareGT

Master Of Puppets
Established Member
Jesus.....some of you guys swear the sky is falling on some of the smallest of situations:lol: That leaded gas isn't gonna hurt a thing. Burn that tank of gas up, then go fill up normally when you're empty. Prolonged leaded gas will effect your o2 sensors and your cats, but not a tank or 2 here and there. If it does happen to trip a light, it will be a fuel type unknown type of error, which is resetable, and it will never return.

wahoo's 03

Established Member
Its all over Ray just poor some gas on the car and burn it to the ground now before more damage occurs!! :burn: DONT WORRY ABOUT IT THE CAR WILL BE FINE!!

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
That's what I told you on Chicago SVT. :-D I wasn't positive but I still don't think a few gallons of leaded will do any damage.

04SilverSerpent

ZTP
Established Member
Like everyone has said, it takes alot of leaded racegas to kill your O2 sensors. Prolonged usage will ultimately kill them, but not a few gallons.

ampstang

Nobody F's w/ a Lion
Established Member
Once I accidentally added diesel to my old mustang. After a few miles it decided to stall. I took it to my mechanic, and he said it really cleaned out the internals nicely. It was better off than before. If I would have driven it longer it would have focked everything up though. Maybe the leaded gas will work the same way for you.

Users who are viewing this thread